CHAPTER 4

TAE-HYUN 

The voices in my head woke me up per usual, i groaned and sat up running  my fingers through my short dirty-blonde hair, i swung my feet out of bed and grabbed my phone, i checked the time it was 6:30, i sighed it still felt tired, Jaylen, Hayden and i had exchanged numbers and he insisted on texting us all through the night until Hayden had to call him and demand that he went to bed thereby ending our mid-night conversation, even though i was incredibly exhausted from lack of sleep, a smile still managed to creep on my face, i felt so relaxed with them, i stood up and padded into the bathroom taking a quick shower i slipped into my white short sleeve button down t-shirt and a dark blue woolen sweater vests with white wavy lines on it and some light blue jeans, i slipped on my black keds, slinging my back over my shoulder i slipped on my glasses and left the my room.

Breakfast was eaten in under five minutes so i could get to school earlier than everyone hopefully it would be early enough to avoid Taylor Richards the most popular jock in high school and my daily tormentor as if the voices in my head weren't enough. "Are you sure you're okay, you ate so quickly i'm surprised you didn't choke" she said frowning "i'm fine" i assured her, she sighed and grabbed her car keys, "i have a meeting today, but i can still give you a ride" she said, "yeah, thanks mom" i said technically i can drive i have my license and everything but cars well they didn't sit well with me it was kind of a reminder of my dark past so it took me a while before i could stare at a car and not scream, now i was pretty used to it, but the voices tended to be more malicious in cars. Mom dropped me off in school and luckily enough Taylor had not arrived so i could hid myself in the darkest corner of the library and study for my chemistry test which i couldn't study thanks to Jaylen's midnight chatting session. The bell rang for class and i was adequately prepared for the chemistry test, i stuffed my textbook in my bag and quickly made my way to class,  blending into the sea of teenagers trying to get to their homeroom. 

First period was quiet uneventful, normal, but something felt off the voices in my head i hadn't heard them since the car drive with mom, they usually pestered me when i was trying to concentrate in class but as of now they were quiet. Fourth period was chemistry and as i said earlier i was more than ready, i eagerly collected my test paper from Mr. Henry who nodded, i'm his best student so he's always expecting great scores from me, which i always make sure to get. The test was super easy and i was scribbling the last of my answers when Mr. Henry said we should start submitting our papers, i dropped my pen and made my way to his desk i was about to drop my paper when i felt someone run their fingers down my spine, i shivered as a very familiar voice whispered in my ear, "Tae-Hyun stay with me" the raspy voice whispered in my ear a voice i knew to well, i could feel unwanted hands roaming all over my body, i squirmed as i felt a hand wrap round my throat choking me, i could see him his obnoxious smirk and his greedy beady eyes, he watched me squirm as i struggled to breathe, my face paling my palms sweating, "you belong to me" he whispered again i squirmed against the hands clutching my throat at the hands that roamed my body touching places that shouldn't be touched, "LET GO OF ME!!" i screamed as i desperation i tore myself out of their grip, i could hear a voices whispering and a distant "TAE-HYUN!" i ran, ran , ran and ran i continued running until i found myself in front of the nurse's office, "Tae-Hyun what happened?" Juliana asked she's the nurse as she let me in, i flopped on one of the beds and curled into a ball a position that gave me comfort back then "what happened?" she asked softly, "I-I-I saw....I-I-I saw..." i couldn't say the words i was still shaken up, how did he find me? did he break out of prison? i had so many questions, "was it a hallucination?" she asked, hallucination? i hadn't had one since i was about sixteen, they died down i had been taking my drugs.......crap i remembered i had forgotten to take my drugs.

I came to the realization that it was possible that my schizophrenia was relapsing, i sighed lunch was over and i had to deal with the stares as i went to my next class. I was trying to understand what the history teacher was saying when my phone vibrated i sneaked a peak at my messages under my desk

JAYLEN: I JUST HAD A BRILLIANT IDEA, TEXT ME YOUR SCHOOL ADDRESS SO I CAN COME PICK YOU UP

I sent him my address as class ended. The last period was as uneventful as the next, i was at my locker packing up my stuff quickly to avoid the wrath of Taylor and hoping that Jaylen was a speedy driver i was just about to make it to the doors of freedom when a huge burly hand grabbed my backpack from behind lifting me up with ease, "were are you going pussy-boy" he said, as i gulped he slammed me into my locker and i winced as my back came in contact with the cold metal, he smiled five of his goons flanking him, "you really thought you were going to run away after the stunt you pulled in class? you looked like you were enjoying yourself" he said as his fist came in contact with my gut, i groaned in pain, as the voice in my head agreed with Taylor, 'you're a slut a pervert you like it, you like it when a lot of people are watching you. PERVERT!' the last part kept chanting over and over in my head as two of Taylor's friends grabbed both my arms and pinned me to my locker trapping me as the rest of their jock friends proceeded to beat me up, i was enveloped in a tornado of kicked, punches, scratches and slaps each more painful that the last as Talyor kicked me right in the gut with his cleats, pain exploded in my gut as my body rack with coughs blood dribbled down the corner of my mouth, students rushed out of the school some watching and some not caring as Taylor brought his hand up for the final punch, i instinctively recoiled and......

BAM! surprisingly i felt no pain, i opened my eyes slowly and the first thing i saw as bright red hair right  in front of me.........