Part 2

Time is probably our greatest asset as humans. Still, day after day, we see ourselves procrastinating and allowing this precious gift from God to fade away and disappear because that is the one thing we can never get back.

A great man once said, "if I live each day, as if it was my last one day, I will most likely be right. " Time is important; it is so important that we see entrepreneurs, businessmen, sportsmen, and engineers spending tons of money on their advisors, for them to build appropriate and creative programs, so they can get their work done the right way.

The average person spends more time complaining about what he would want to do in his free time than he actually does once he obtains this free time he terribly looked for. With the way our current society is built, it feels like there is actually no time to get anything done; our world has become so quick. People taxing taking taxis in a blitz of a second, a message can navigate from one side or the earth to another in no time, and in all this chaos, we may not see it, but we are losing great human values.

What happened to hope, faith, dreams, perseverance, wanting to make a difference, not giving up, and staying true to who we are? You see, our world has become so corrupt. This may be hard to interpret or explain, but most of us have no personality; our world is so full of distractions, so full of different people doing different things and end up influencing us making us think we are not good enough, eventually leading us to reject who we are, just to be accepted in this corrupted society.

Most of us come from families who, instead of helping us create a winner's mindset, give us a worker's mindset. The average parent tells his kid at a young age that he will go to school, graduate, and get a job to feed for his family, and that's the only way he may ever succeed.

Dear parent, reader, ladies, and gentlemen do you not see the cruelty in this statement! Do you not understand that your children look up to you that what you say to them greatly impacts their lives. Why can we not have a generation of "Dreamers" that would understand that their time on earth is limited, people that would not make a fixation on getting a job and paying electricity bills, people that would wake up every day knowing that they have to make a difference?

Before things were done in another way, you must understand that our world is evolving; people don't walk 20 miles with bags of potatoes for food deliveries. We don't need people who live in constant fear of poverty anymore. We need creativity, passion, love, and persistence. We don't need a generation like the one we are in, full of people who are pushed around by their parents' expectations. We need doctors who studied medicine to make a difference, not because they did not want to go broke. We need engineers and architectures that are creative enough to model a new society, not people who want to brag about their profession...

All these things are implemented into a person's head from childhood. Do you not see that a person that grows up with such values will be nothing but a gift to this world.

Now I know better than anyone that not everyone can grow up with parents who would actually take their time to listen to their children, like children who grew up in extreme poverty and people who grew up receiving abusive behaviors from their parents. That's why we need to wake up, be alert, and be able to think about not only ourselves but also the people in need.

"What would a man win if he gained the whole world but losses his soul," said my lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Dear parents, would you be happy knowing that your child is miserable but achieved everything you wanted him to achieve, would you be happy seeing him go to work like a dead man, just because you wanted him to make you proud.

As I read this scripture, I thought that this might have also been something Jesus tried teaching us through this message. What would you gain, if you were to be very rich, have everyone at your feet, but to lose your soul, lose that thing that made you so happy that gave you a reason to live, that thing which describes who you are, what would you gain....?