Chapter 1 || Laugh at My Misery

Unedited.

LAUGH AT MY MISERY

"-liams, pleased to meet everyone

"-liams, pleased to meet everyone..."

The booming voice resonates within the classroom and on the outside of it, echoing within the otherwise empty hallway.

I stand behind the door of said room, hand clutching the handle. Shaking with apprehension.

I was late, and that too, on my first day of school.

Thus, as I turn the handle, I submit a silent prayer to God.

And lo and behold, the sight that greets me as I enter leaves me forgetting the reason for my worry.

Feeling as if my heart has stopped for no more than a moment, I stare at the man who hasn't yet noticed me.

Seated at the teacher's desk, glasses perched atop his nose, curly blond locks falling to shape his face, faintly aging features decrying his beauty (or at least, the beauty I find in him, as I am a lover of older men).

The sinful thoughts that pool into my mind are like acres of honey so bittersweet, but my admiration is interrupted by the clearing of a throat.

Coming to, the man in question puts down his book, taking off his reading glasses before I'm electrified and my thoughts are halted.

Because as soon as he does so, he turns to me, and I witness the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen.

Like the maelstrom of an ocean so tantalisingly strong and vast and beautiful; I'm kept in place, strangely breathless, simply awed by such a sight as he.

Fixing me with a stern stare not soon after, yet it still feels as if I've been blessed. To witness an angel so utterly bewitching, though glaring at me with what seems to be annoyance.

I almost can't help the stuttering that follows my inebriated state.

"G-good morning." Breathless voice, sweaty hands, running mouth.

"Good morning," he quips back, pointing to his watch, "first day and we already have a late-comer, folks. Applause, for this lovely lady."

God, his sensual voice.

But the snickers that follow not soon after his remark bring me out of my trance. Knowing my brown cheeks are colouring red with embarrassment, I clear my throat and blink back at the audience laughing at me. It takes me only a moment to realize that I was now going to be known as the girl who scored lateness on her first day.

Shìt, what an amazing first impression.

"I... uh... the bus... sorry for being late."

I stutter off, almost as if I've forgotten how to speak because his presence seems to suck all the life out of me. What on Earth?