The Elven Princess

"Ellendil!"

Ellendil froze from where she was putting a saddle on her tall, majestic, brown doe. She turned to see two elf guards approaching.

Argh! Caught again!?!?

"Ellendil," one said.

"Yes, I heard him," Ellendil huffed. She had been - yet again - trying to ride her doe -Famira - to explore past the boundaries of her father's kingdom: Greenwood (Later to be known as Mirkwood).

Ellendil hesitated, as if trying to debate whether or not to hop on Famira anyway and race away. That would never work, Ellendil thought crossly.

Ellendil's blue eyes darted around as if searching for an escape. 

"Nin híril Ellendil, mín gar- orders na tul- cin na cín adar forcefullui if-" ("My Lady Ellendil, we have orders to bring you to your father forcefully if-")

"If im ab-?" ("If I refuse?") Ellendil interrupted the elf with light brown hair.

"He wishes you to see him immediately," the elf said. 

Ellendil knew there most likely wasn't an escape... at the moment, but she looked around anyway. Then after a long moment she surrendered. "Very well."

She walked past them, and then she flicked her wrist. Famira darted towards her and past the guards.

Ellendil leaped up on Famira's saddle, grabbing her reins and swinging her leg up and over onto her saddle, as she charged forward at surprising speed and out of the gates.

Ellendil smiled as the wind made her white-blonde hair fly behind her. She charged past, but before she had barely made it to the first line of trees she had to pull Famira to a skidding stop. They turned in a tight circle.

Ellendil gazed up at the elf who stood in the branches of one of the first trees; his arrow trained on her. He had the same blue eyes and white-blonde hair like Ellendil. "Off bo a failed attempt na explore ad-, Ellendil?" ("Off on a failed attempt to explore again, Ellendil?")

Ellendil glared. "They haven't all failed, Legolas."

"Right," he said slowly. "Like the time you tried the waterway and I caught you, or the time you tried sneaking out at night and I caught you again. Or, when father stopped you while you were thinking about it at dinner."

Ellendil hesitated then said, "Yeah, okay..., but I almost had it this time. If it weren't for your bow and father's somehow future telling abilities."

"He doesn't predict, your just easy to read," Legolas said, lowering his bow as she got off of Famira, holding her reins. There was no point now. Her brother wouldn't shoot her, she knew that, but she definitely would be caught.

Legolas leaped down and walked over. "Whui?" ("Why?")

"Because, im anír- na know what's haer Mirkwood," ("Because, I want to know what's beyond Mirkwood,") Ellendil replied as she walked beside him and back through the gates she had tried so hard to get out of after handing over Famiras reins.

 "Whui?" ("Why?") he repeated. "Whui ceri- cin anír- na see haer Mirkwood ir cín cuil na- hi?" ("Why do you want to see beyond Mirkwood when your life is here?")

"Because, brother, you've seen beyond Mirkwood and I want to see beyond Mirkwood. I don't want to hear about it in stories anymore. Not how horrible dwarves are or the greed of men," Ellendil explained.

Legolas turned as they made it to the top of a set of stairs. "You once were able to hunt in Mirkwood, but now we can't trust you going out of the kingdom."