1 | death

🥀

🥀

It's a Beast thing to protect.

🥀

Loud music booms around me. The alcohol in my body dulls my senses. I feel nothing as girls grind up against me. I feel nothing when Ruby pulls me down and climbs on my lap. I feel nothing when her lips run over my neck.

Flash. Click.

A bright light blinds me temporarily and I lose my ability to see for the next 10 seconds.

Bloody photographers.

When my vision clears up, I look around to spot the ballsy photographer who entered into the damn VIP area to get some tabloid shots. The music gets louder as the flash manages to sober me up a bit. In the five years since I shot up to fame, this has never happened.

Who let the photographers in anyway?

I feel teeth grazing lightly on my ear shell and I forget about my confusion, smirking up at Ruby. She gives me a seductive smile and continues to distract me. Her mouth follows a slow deliberate path, her red lips grazing my neck and returning back to my ear and she whispers, "So, what do you say Oz? Let's get out of here?"

I stiffen at the nickname, and my mind is instantly transported back to memories I've tried to bury for 8 years. I look her dead in her eyes, my steely gaze seeming to affect her as she stops devouring me, and say in a low but dangerous tone, "It's Ozias."

Her eyes widen for a fraction of a second before she masks her reaction with yet another seductive smile. She nods and runs her right hand all over my chest while the other plays with my hair at the nape of my neck. Just as I'm about to pull her up and take her back to my hotel room, I catch sight of long dirty-blonde hair and I stiffen for the second time in minutes. The girl is facing away from me, talking to the bartender in a carefree way. I recognise that carefree behaviour, along with the hair that flows all the way down to her lower back. I let my eyes move to the bartender, finding him looking at the mystery woman like she is the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world.

And if she is who I think she is, she probably is the most beautiful girl in the universe.

Hurriedly, I excuse myself from Ruby. I walk over to the mystery woman slowly. Some of the ladies around her catch my eye and smirk at me, a clear indication to invite me over. But my gaze is set on the dirty-blonde-haired woman, casually laughing with the bartender. As I approach her, the bartender looks up at me, his eyes widening in recognition. Of course, he knows who I am.

I'm Ozias Van Everly.

Just as I'm about to tap the woman on her shoulder to grab her attention, someone else approaches her and she gets up and turns around. When I see her face, contradicting feelings of relief and disappointment fill me.