Introduction

It was a stormy day for most of the states, especially so where Jess lived. "I gotta work on Asgard," she told herself. Another clap of Thunder sent Johnny the Cat into her lap. He was acting rather strange. She shook her head and scratched her beloved pet behind his ears. She was afraid, something was off about this storm but she had to record today's episode of Super Minecraft.

Lightning illuminated the room and thunder immediately followed. Johnny jumped from her lap scratching her arm with his rear claws and knocked over her Creeper prop. "Ouch, Johnny!" She'd also jumped up and bumped her mic. She walked to the corner then crouched down to reposition the Creeper.

Thunder seemed to shake the Earth and the electricity went out. Lightning struck the ground directly behind her sending her into the wall. She pulled herself up off the floor and propped herself up on the wall. What the hell? she thought. Her mouth tasted like pennies and felt numb. The rest of her body tingled as it she'd been super charged.

After a moment her vision cleared. But all she heard was a high pitched ringing. Jess couldn't believe her eyes. Before her was the image of Thor, just the way she imagined him to be.

He seemed to be trying to speak with her. Instead he took her hand, she was too shocked (lol) to give opposition. Mortal girl, I need your help. His mouth didn't move but she heard his voice loud and clear in her mind.

A dream? she thought.

No, she heard him say. Even if it was, would it matter?
She stood up with his help. "Okay, I'll help you, I guess," she said awkwardly.

"I owe you a debt of gratitude." He bowed still holding her hand and kissed it right on the back where the thumb met the rest of the hand. "Thank you, Jessica."

"Um, you can just call me Jess."

He smiled. "Jess it is then."