Being Sabrina Spellman

She was young, not wild but really free.

Sabrina Spellman had a boring life. She was a twenty-three year old woman still living with her aunts and cousin. She had plans to move out with her boyfriend, Harvey Kinkle, but that was before they broke up. Now, she decided to not let love rule her life. She needed to make a woman out of herself alone. She owed that to herself.

The silver haired girl sat up on her bed. Her room was painted in a dark pink, color from her childhood. She always said she wanted to paint it over but every time she tried, all her memories came flooding back. All her good times with her friends, the sleepovers, the movie nights with her cousin, her first time with Harvey... everything.

The alarm continued making that horrible sound. Sabrina groaned as she rubbed her eyes and smacked the clock on her nightstand. Her cat, Salem, jumped into the bed and patted his head towards her shoulder.

"Good morning, Salem." Sabrina chuckled lightly as she massaged the animal's black fur. She stayed like that, for a few minutes, until her bedroom door made noises.

"Sabrina! Wake up! We got work to do!" Ambrose yelled from the other side of the door.

"Leave me alone, Ambrose!" Sabrina yelled back annoyed and stood up. She heard her cousin chuckled and his footsteps slowly disappearing.

She loved her home with her family, she really did but she wished she could have a normal morning. She wished she could wake up, get ready and eat some breakfast in peace but her life was totally different. She would wake up to her alarm or the screams of her aunt Zelda. This morning, it was Ambrose.

Sabrina groaned as she got up from her bed and into the bathroom. She looked into the mirror and sighed.

"I look like crap." The young woman said as she stared at herself. She had dark half moons under her eyes, her hair was frizzy. She did the best she could to pull herself together before walking down the stairs.

After a glorious bath and ten minutes of picking out an outfit, Sabrina walked downstairs into her family's kitchen.

"Good morning, darling. How did you sleep?" Hilda asked as she served some pancakes and bacon into a plate.

"I actually slept good, auntie. I woke up looking like a mess but I'm feeling fine now." Sabrina replied as she sat down next to Zelda on the breakfast table. She haven't slept well in a while. Sometime, she felt like her whole life was going into waste. Her friends from college were traveling the world, meeting new people, being successful but there she was, sitting in the same breakfast table from the last twenty-three years.

"You woke up like a mess because you spent partying all night! You should have responsibilities, Sabrina! You're a grown woman!" Zelda said as she lowered her newspaper. She was moody in the mornings, Sabrina had gotten used to it over the years. The only thing that could make her aunt happy were cigarettes, wine and a lusty night with one of Greendale's well known men.

"You're so right, auntie. I'm a grown woman and I make my own decisions. I decided last night that I wanted to enjoy some time with my friends. I needed that. I haven't smiled or laughed in so long... ever since-"

"Ever since you broke up with that miner, Kinkle." Zelda blurred out making her sister's eyes widened. She had never liked Harvey, not a little bit.

To be entirely honest, none of the Spellmans liked Harvey except for Hilda. She always called him pet names, gave him hugs and treats. She thought he was the perfect boy for her niece. She was sadder than Sabrina when they broke up.

"Zelds!" Hilda hissed as she placed a plate of warm pancakes in front of her niece. "Can't you be softer towards her feelings?" She placed both hands on her niece's shoulders as she stood behind Sabrina's chair. "She lost a love, you can't say those things!"