Romance

It was helpless.

The black paint was gone, the airbags were everywhere, the driver's seat looked like someone big and scary punched the hard metal.

Ambrose sighed as he looked at his car. Like everything in his life, his car was old school. The black 1970 Dodge Challenger was a mess. He was sure that he could get it fix but it was going to take some time. A lot of time.

"Crap." Ambrose mumbled as he continued looking at the car. He was driving over Greendale's main street. It was really noon, almost night, when he was on his way to the mortuary. He was jamming to his classics when another car came right at him. He didn't had time to stop so he moved his steering wheel to the right, making him crash into a tree. He was okay, just a few scratches but his beloved car needed a hospital.

"And the other person just fled?" The police officer, Melvin, asked as he wrote down what happened on a notepad. Ambrose's car was being taken by a tow to the shop.

"I'm telling you, Melvin, he came out of nowhere, made me crash and then continued his way." Ambrose replied annoyed.

Melvin nodded and continued writing down the details in his notepad.

As the night came upon, a set of car lights hit his eyes. He cringed as he moved his right hand in front of his face so he could have a better view. He saw a black BMW X6 parking right next to his crash. Melvin covered his eyes as well so he could see the new addition. The car looked almost brand new, it looked expensive.

Ambrose saw how the drive's door opened. A pair of brown boots descended from the car. Finally, the person's face was seen. Ambrose smirked. Timing couldn't be more perfect.

"You called the military ?" Melvin asked annoyed as he looked at the mystery guy who walked out of the expensive vehicle.

"It's not just the military." Ambrose replied as he smiled over at the other man who was walking closer to them. "Hello, Sergeant Scratch."

"Ambrose." Nick said politely as he finally arrived close to the other two men. He hadn't seen Ambrose since he stopped him from kissing Sabrina. He didn't hate him but he wasn't a big fan at the moment.

"Melvin, this is Sergeant Scratch. He came over to Greendale for Captain Carter's memorial but he seems to spend a lot of time around my house." Ambrose said as he continued smirking at the soldier.

"Nice to meet you, Sergeant Scratch." Melvin said as he shook hands. "Cool ride."

"Thanks." Nick replied while pulling his hand away. "Mind telling me what happened here? I was on my way back from the office when I saw Ambrose looking heartbroken over a car."

"It's not just a car! It was Chance! My Challenger!" Ambrose said offended. What was wrong with Scratch? He only tried to kiss his cousin and suddenly he's making fun of him just like Sabrina.

"Whatever." Melvin mumbled and turned towards Nick. "Hit and run. The other driver made Ambrose here loose control. He's fine but Chance on the other hand..."

"He will be okay! We've been through so much!" Ambrose said while glaring at the men.

"Yes, he will but for now, I need to get back to the station and run this. Get home safe." Melvin replied and turned towards Nick. "Nice meeting you, Sergeant Scratch."

"You too." Nick said.

Melvin waved one last time before getting into his police car leaving the other two men alone.

"Need a ride?" Nick asked as he looked at poor Ambrose. He sure wasn't taking Chance's crash very well.

"Is this an excuse to see my cousin?" Ambrose asked back.

Here Without You जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें