Cocktails and Chatter

The sun was going to sleep and the moon was waking up.

Nick pulled in front of the Spellman Mortuary. He was trying something new that night, a date night. Of course, he had girlfriends before. Simple flings but they were still girlfriends but this girl was different. This girl was Sabrina Spellman, it wasn't a one night thing or a fling. He was walking down the commitment road only for her.

With his heart beating a thousand miles per hour, Nick got out of his black BMW. He had no idea how dates were supposed to go but he was leaning towards the fact that Sabrina did knew a lot about dates. As nerves filled his chest, Nick got a simple, but beautiful, bouquet of sunflowers.

The night before, Nick couldn't sleep. His mind kept making all possible scenarios of how he could fail. What if he forgot to tell Sabrina how beautiful she was? What if she felt uncomfortable with his friends? What if she didn't even liked him after that night? Nick kept turning and turning on his bed without being able to get a peace of mind. Without thinking, he grabbed his phone to navigate through the internet. Learning has always fascinated Nick. Even in high school, he was a huge nerd but he would never admit it. With the moonlight entering through his window, he searched dating tips, dos and don'ts. He searched everything.

"Flowers should be given when you want to remind someone that you care about them."

Perfect!

He did cared about Sabrina and he wanted their first date to be magical even though the odds weren't in his favor. He got up early that morning and went through many shops looking for flowers. He wasn't an expert on flowers. Hell, he couldn't even name three different types of flowers but something about a golden yellow bouquet made him think of Sabrina. She was warm and gorgeous just like those flowers. He picked them.

Nick walked into the Spellman's front porch, the exact same spot where he had kissed Sabrina a few days ago. He looked handsome even though chills were running through his veins. He was wearing his Class A uniform. The fabric did wonders to his body. His muscles could be outlined. He was wearing proudly a few ribbons and medals he had won along with his name tag 'Scratch' on his right. He really hoped Sabrina would be impressed.

Nick knocked on the door. He felt his heart wanting to come out of his chest as we waited for a response. It seemed like an eternity until someone opened up the door. He wasn't surprised when he saw Ambrose smirking at the other side of the door.

"Looking good, Scratch." He said as he admired the soldier in front of him.

Yep, his cousin did hit a jackpot with this man.

It wasn't a surprise to Ambrose when he learned that Nick asked his cousin on a date a few days ago. He was so happy that Sabrina was moving on from boring Kinkle and of course, Nick was a really good upgrade. Even though he was happy, he made sure to use the issue on the table to mock his cousin. "Ha! I knew it!" Was heard all over the mortuary that week. It seemed like Ambrose was more excited for the date than Sabrina but then again, no one was more excited for Friday night than the young Spellman.

"Good afternoon, Ambrose." Nick replied politely as he hid the bouquet of sunflowers behind him. He wanted to surprise Sabrina and bu knowing Ambrose, he knew the other Spellman would probably spoil it.

"So, it seems like my cousin and you are finally hitting it off." Ambrose chuckled as he leaned on the door. He liked making fun of Scratch too. He was too polite.

"It seems so." Nick said while trying to get a look inside. His nerves were killing him. He wanted to get this part over with. "Is she?"

"Oh, right!" Ambrose chuckled and turned his back towards the soldier. "Sabrina! Your date is here!" He yelled through the mortuary. Nick was sure that everyone in Greendale heard Ambrose. The Spellman turned around to the nervous soldier. "It feels like high school all over again!"