The Wrong Turn

Around seven in the evening, Tang Wei Sheng reached Ning family's private resort in the outskirts of the city. Due to the paparazzi and the netizens, Ning Jing's agency told her to take a break and let them handle the issue.

When Tang Wei Sheng's car reached in the entrance of the resort, a butler came out to receive him.

"Good evening sir, the young miss is waiting for you," Butler informed and led Tang Wei Sheng to the suite room of the luxurious resort.

"Good evening CEO Tang. I am sorry for troubling you to come here." Ning Jing apologised as soon as she saw Tang Wei Sheng.

"It is fine." Tang Wei Sheng politely declined her apology.

"Please come inside," Ning Jing invited him into the living room.

"How about a drink or did you had dinner?" She asked him without any second thoughts.

"I came to clear the misunderstandings," Tang Wei Sheng informed in an aloof manner.

"Are there any misunderstandings between us?" Ning Jing asked with a surprised tone.

"Miss Ning, I don't know what your objectives about the meeting were, but for me, it was a business meeting." Tang Wei Sheng cut the chase.

"Yes, CEO Tang." Ning Jing smiled as she understood his words. "You have worked as director of an entertainment agency and you know how pointless these rumours are.

Even though it wasn't my fault...I am extremely sorry for it." Ning Jing apologized.

"I am not blaming you. Tang Wei Sheng looked at her. I know it is difficult for you. But I don't want it to affect our personal lives."

"I believe that you are aware of the fact that our families are trying to set us on an alliance." Ning Jing tried to clarify his doubts with him.

"I have a girlfriend." Tang Wei Sheng said nonchalantly. He already decided to lead a life with Li Juan.

"Good for you." Ning Jing's face was extremely calm without any despair.

"It will be a wonder if a person like you remains single." She chortled and continued. "Did your girlfriend saw these rumours?"

"No." Tang Wei Sheng had a strong belief that Li Juan won't be affected by these kinds of rumours. She is not like those people who stupidly believe whatever appears on the internet.

"Cool!!" Ning Jing smiled and adjusted her posture. "Half of your problems are solved then... Well, nothing is scarier than a jealous girlfriend."

Tang Wei Sheng slightly smiled. Ning Jing noticed that his temper was cooling down.

"In this situation, both of us are victims and we have to solve it by any means as soon as possible." Ning Jing looked at Tang Wei Sheng for an answer. He remained stoic.

"I am sorry to ask you...but can I order something to eat? I was sleeping all day and I am starving." Ning Jing asked with an apologetic look.

"Go ahead." Tang Wei Sheng replied.

"Okay, should I order some wine to ease your stress?" Ning Jing enquired.

"Well, there is nothing in this world which cannot be solved with alcohol."

"I need to drive," Tang Wei Sheng replied.

"Wow, I thought you will have ten personal chauffeurs." Ning Jing was surprised by his answer.

"I prefer driving alone," Tang Wei Sheng replied.

"I wish I could do the same, but my grandpa won't allow me." Ning Jing pouted her lips in disagreement.