Epilogue

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you for making this far, here's the epilogue.

***

It's been two months when he's gone, but the memories we shared will always remain and never be forgotten. I glanced at the box that ate Shean give, hindi ko pa nabubuksan at nakikita ang laman nito.

Maybe this is the time to open it.

Kinuha ko 'yon at binuksan, I saw an envelope, I opened it then there's I saw a letter, and our pictures together, and some candid pictures of mine. My eyes started to get blurry; it still hurt, Architect. The pain is still here.

When I open the letter the first word I read was his call sign to me.

Love,
   Hi, love, I think if you're reading this I'm now gone. I decided to write a letter for you, if I'm not able to hug and kiss you for the last time. Hindi ko pa nakukuha ang sagot mo, love. Hinihiling ko na sana bago ako mawala sa mundong ito. I'll able to get your 'Yes', did you remember the first time we met? You may thought it was at the waiting shed, but no, love, no'ng concert ng Remnant Kismet dati. Kasama niyo ang kapatid ko noon nang sinundo ko siya. Ngunit hindi mo ata ako napansin no'n. Ang ganda ng mga ngiti mo doon, love. Sana masilayan ko palagi ang ngiting iyon kahit wala na ako sa tabi mo.

   Ikalawang pagkikita na natin ay iyong sa waiting shed, mukhang hindi mo ako namukhaan dahil sa face mask na suot ko. Wala kang payong that time at good thing I bring extra umbrella for Shean. But since nangangailangan ka binigay ko nalang sa 'yo 'yong isa. You are a kind of person who rather not talk to others, so baka hindi mo taatanggapin ang payong. I saw your phone, sa likuran nito may nakasulat na VRALEIA. And I remember the author who stopped writing her stories. I think it's you, I may not know what's the reason behind of that but I am hoping that you'll comeback and write a stories again. A story that full of lessons, a story that give warmth to every readers.

    Sinadya kong ihulog 'yong diary ko, hoping that it can help you. But when we start chatting you didn't mention about the diary thingy. Baka hindi ka naghinala na ako at ang nagmamay-ari no'ng diary na napulot mo. Paano ko nalaman na napulot mo, Doctora? Binalikan ko doon at wala na. Naging close tayong dalawa na hindi ko naman inakala. Hanggang sa unti-unti akong nahuhulog sa 'yo, I dont have an urge to confess my feelings to you. Noong nawala ako ng halos dalawang buwan hindi ko aakalain na mag-aalala ka sa 'kin. I lied to you that time, love, no'ng mga panahon na 'yon na admit ako dahil sa sakit ko. My family didn't know about it. Nagsinungaling ako sainyo dahil ayaw kong mag-alala kayo dahil sa kalagayan ko.

   Hanggang sa dumating ang panahon na nag lakas loob ako na makipag collab sa 'yo. Ayaw mong sumugal ulit baka magkamali ka na naman. Mukhang na offend kita sa sinabi ko that's why you blocked me. I tried to contact you using my other account, good thing at nag reply ka. At alam mo sobrang saya ko nong pumayag ka na makipag collab. I can't just kept myself from admiring you. A doctor at the same time a writer. I am beyond proud of you, love. Mas nadagdagan pa 'yong saya ko noong pumayag ka na ligawan kita. And also the dates and everytime we go to starbucks for our collaboration. Every moment with you is priceless, Doctora.

    I want to say sorry, love. If I didn't able to help you finish the story collaboration we did. But I know you will finish it. I trust you, love, I trust you that you will finish the journey of them. Parang tayong dalawa 'yon, e. Tamang tao, ngunit pinagtagpo sa maling panahon at oras. Love, take care always, I always asked a question in myself when I'm at Isolation center if Will I survive? And yes love I survive, because I know He's with me. Will you survive? Of course love you will. Pray and don't lose your faith in him, just like in your name 'Vera' which means faith. The best armor towards that Virus is prayer. So always pray, love, just pray. He will never left you, he's right after you guiding and keeping you safe.

   I see this site where you can send a letter to someone and it will be send on the date, month and year you choose. I am sending you a letter, love. A letter from me in the year where I know you are free from me already. Not this letter that you are reading right now. If you think life was too hard for you, breathe and pray on Him. Cast all your worries to God, seek Him in rainy nor summer season's in your life. We may eternal away from each other, but the memories we shared will always be forever. Free yourself from me, love, but never forget me. I guess, I always had a place in your heart. Yes, I am guessing onto that, love. You'll always be the serotonin I don't want to last, Dra. Lopez.

   Hanggang dito nalang, love, I love you with the love of the Lord.

                      Loving,
                          JD Aquino

***

I tap the last words and tap the word publish. Indeed a success. I finished our story collaboration already, Architect. Will you survive is a story of both people who has a journey being a COVID-19 patient but one of them didn't able to survive just like the two of us. One of us didn't able to survive.

Yet the memories and lessons will never be forgotten. If it's not because of him, I am not the Vera who's more stronger and faithful. He's the one who lead me more to be closer to God. He's the one who gave me inspiration to continue living for life. Thank you for reading my roller coaster journey together with JD and my cousins and other people who have been involved. He may be gone but never and will never be forgotten.

As I closed this book, I'll open another one. A book without him, a story without him but with his memories.

HASTA LA VISTA, this is Vera Aleia Lopez closing the chapters of the story of two people who journey how to survive in world made for a survival. A question Will You Survive? Turns to a words You Will Survive.

THE END

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY