A Date at the Museum

The sky is cloudy but you don't mind. It's a beautiful day in Paris, and you look at your surroundings while you walk hand in hand with your boyfriend. Both of you had taken time off and decided on some short vacations to spend time with each other. It wasn't the perfect timing, given that Paris had been cold and snowy for the last two days but at least it gave you an excuse to lean closer to Harrison for warmth. The roads weren't very busy and even though the skies were grey, the gold details from he buildings around you still stood out. You waited for the light to change for a couple of minutes before you crossed the road to reach a big courtyard with the Louvre right in the middle of it.

You stop on your tracks. "I didn't know we were going to the Louvre today. I thought you said we couldn't fit it in the schedule." A smile comes to your face when you look up at Harrison and see him smile.

"You really think I wouldn't bring my girl to her favorite museum?" His arms go around your waist as he turns around to face you. "I wanted to surprise you that's all. 'Can't believe you didn't notice it right away."

"I was distracted by the city." You shrug shyly at him, leave it to you to not spot the big glass pyramid for the past two blocks. "I would miss the Eiffel Tower if it wasn't so big."

"That, is actually very true." Harrison chuckles pushing your beanie up a little bit before placing a kiss on your forehead. "Come on, you're probably dying to go inside."

You nod your head, slightly dizzy from the soft kiss, and take his hand in yours pulling both of you towards the museum.

It is warm inside, the lights are on due to the cloudy day outside, and the many pieces of art in front of you leave you breathless for a second. You can feel your eyes tear up a little bit as you take everything in, chest full of emotion from finally seeing it in person. There is so much history in front of your eyes and you can't wait to see it all. 

"Thank you, Harrison." You whisper looking up at him, you can see all the love you have for him reflecting in his eyes. "This is amazing."

"No need to thank me, love. You know I'd do anything to make you as happy as you are right now." Harrison shakes his head and gives your hand a squeeze. "How about we get started so we can see everything you'd like."

You nod your head and lead the way, but not before leaning up and placing a brief kiss on his lips. "By the way, I'm always happy when I'm with you." The chuckle that leaves your lips is inevitable at the dazed smile Harrison gives you. "Come on, love."

----

"That's one of Coldplay's album covers!" Harrison says with as smile when you stop in front of Liberty Leading the People. The big painting stood beautifully in front of both of you with its antique frame and the natural light coming from the ceiling illuminating it.

"Yes babe, the painting is here because Coldplay put it in one of its albums." You smile teasingly before kissing his cheek when he pouts.

"Tell me about it?" He whispers standing behind you and holding you against his chest. "I think I heard you mention this one when you were in uni."

"Yup, when I took that history of art elective." You nod leaning back into him before focusing on the painting in front of you. It was simply beautiful, showing the trying times of revolution in France. "It was painted by Eugene Delacroix and it's called Liberty Leading the People. Umm, he painted it around 1830 to commemorate the July revolution when King Charles 5th abdicated."

"Apparently he was moved when he saw the French flag being waved in Notre Damme during the revolution and got inspired to paint this. Its supposed to be both realism and idealism." You say tilting your head seeing how the dead bodies painted contrast with the people seeking freedom and revolution.

Harrison squeezes your side slightly so you can turn around and face him, which you do, bringing your arms around his middle. "I love you. You're so smart and I love that so much." He whispers against you cheek before placing a kiss there.

"What can I say, your girlfriend's kind of a nerd." You smile as you shrug, your heart is beating loudly in your chest from his words. You used to always have the misconception that being too outspoken about the things you learned was boring. Its no wonder that Harrison adoring your mind and praising your knowledge made fireworks go off in your stomach. 

"My girlfriend's perfect. Not one of these paintings come even close. Not even Coldplay's album cover." He brushes his nose against yours which makes you laugh softly to avoid disturbing people around you.

"Thank you for the surprise, I think I have perfect boyfriend as well." You stand on the tip of your toes to kiss his lips softly. "I love you too."

Harrison can only smile before kissing your forehead and taking your hand. "Wanna keep telling me all about these paintings before I take you out for dinner?"

"You got it, handsome." You start to pull him towards a different piece of art across the hall. "I've gone full nerd now."