A Christmas Plan pt.1

There's jazzy Christmas music playing in the busy restaurant, it's Holly Jolly Christmas, you think as you try to listen over the chatter coming from the various tables surrounding you. The restaurant's floor is cream colored, shiny, and marble glazed. There are fancy lamps hanging from the ceiling and many plants in expensive looking pots all over the main entrance and windows. One wouldn't think one the best burgers you've tried in your life comes from a fancy restaurant in London like this, or that it's the only thing you and your best friend order from the menu. It's only during special occasions that the two of you meet to enjoy them, as the bill is quite high and always a problem. Harrison always wants to pay, and so do you. Right now, though, as fancy dishes like salmon, ravioli and gorgeous little desserts are being served all around, you're not sure if you can even eat anything at all.

Nervous is an understatement. You arrived at the restaurant 15 minutes early to rehearse what you wanted to say and get ready for the likely rejection that could follow, but from the moment you sat down, you've done nothing but fidget with the napkin in front of you. The beautiful swan that had been placed on your plate when you arrived is nowhere in sight, it is only a wrinkled square in your hands.

"The worst that can happen is that he'll say no." You whisper to yourself, reaching for the glass of iced water next to your empty plate. "Harrison won't judge or get mad because you asked." Nodding to yourself you bring the glass to your lips and look around as you take a sip.

You nearly choke on your water when your eyes land on the main door and see Harrison walk into the restaurant. You're quick to put the glass down and dab your chin with the napkin in front of you to make yourself presentable again and not caught off guard. Being 15 minutes early didn't prepare you enough for this. He is like an apparition, dressed in brown checkered pants, a white t-shirt and a plaid brown jacket the host is soon to take from his shoulders. His dark blonde curls are styled backward, just enough to tame them but not too much that they look neatly combed. It's just... perfect. You can't look away from him, he is gorgeous, so much in fact that you have to make sure your jaw isn't hanging right before he spots you. His smile is bright as the sun when he raises his hand a little and waves at you.

You can't help but smile back as fireworks go off in your stomach from being at the receiving end of his. You fear that these fireworks will fly out of your mouth and ears before exploding around the whole restaurant if you're not careful. Yeah, that wouldn't be ideal.

You stand up when he reaches the table and embrace him. He's warm and hugs you back tightly so you let your eyes close as you take enjoy his embrace. "Harrison! It's so great to see you."

"Tell me about it! I've missed you so much." Harrison says once you step back and sit back down. Harrison takes his phone out of his pocket to sit down, then proceeds to turn it off and set it on the table. "It's been what, two weeks? My schedule has been crazy, sorry I haven't had time to hang out. You look beautiful by the way."

You are still looking at his phone, not containing your smile at the small but very meaningful gesture before you meet his gaze again. "Oh, thank you. So do you." You look down at your clothes, the burgundy silk dress over a black long sleeve blouse with a black belt on top. "That's alright, you don't need to apologize Haz. We always try to make time to meet every once in a while, and here we are." Everyone is busy, especially during this time of the year, when any free time is consumed by shopping, gift wrapping or preparing for any Christmas tradition.

Harrison is about to say something else when the server arrives. She's tall and gorgeous and barely spares you a glance before addressing Harrison, all smiles and charm. "Have you had enough time to check the menu? What can I get for you?"