chapter nine

☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

CHAPTER NINE - on adventures

"What are you still doing in bed?" Deema pushed herself up on her elbows, Yara hadn't knocked

"Can't a woman get some rest?"

"Not when we're about to leave," Deema pushed herself fully up, frowning. "My father has sent a few ships out, grab your things, I'm leaving here in a few moments."

Even though Yara accentuated her point by turning around and leaving Deema alone, the woman couldn't help but smile. She was going to be on a boat. She almost could not believe it. They were leaving land behind for a couple of days.

There wasn't much to pack, so with a few changes of clothes and weapons, she was with Yara in an instant, grinning brightly and ready to do.

"Try to not look that eager," the captain said when her eyes fell on the woman. "It's just a ship."

But to her, it was so much more. It was coming home again, it was being herself again. Instead of voicing that, Deema shrugged, keeping a gleeful pace as she walked with Yara.

The trip seemed longer than usual, Deema's skin almost burning with excitement. Never before had she been so grateful for Balon Greyjoy.

"Honestly," Deema said as they neared the docks. "I might kiss your father when we get back."

Yara's eyebrow quirked up. "I didn't know you had a thing for my father."

"I do now," she answered, eying the three ships that were being readied. It turned out to not be a far journey this time. "What exactly are we going to do?"

"Check a few borders, show dominance. Raid a couple of villages if we're lucky."

It didn't sound very important to take over the North, but Deema was too happy to leave the shitty islands behind to question it. She almost ran down to the ship, leaving Yara trailing slightly behind. The woman just chuckled at her behavior. She was so eager to get her hands dirty and feel alive again.

***

They had been on the ship for two days, and while Deema was loving each second of it, feeling more and more like herself again, they had yet to even come near the land. They were supposed to check borders, and certainly, they had long passed the borders of the Iron Islands.

The sun was setting and there was a soft rain. Deema's hair and clothes were slowly becoming wet, but the sky was too beautiful, and the calm was too perfect to give up just yet.

"I've been seeing you wet quite a lot lately, think it's a sign?" Deema didn't have to turn around to know it was Yara. Hearing her voice was as natural as stepping into the water.