Chapter 1

So, this isn't my first fanfiction, but it's my first post on here, be kind, please. Also, I don't have anyone to beta it because no one I know has read Fangirl, so bear with me. Expect mistakes in spelling, grammar, maybe even changes in tense (past, present, future). Please enjoy, and any constructive criticism is definitely appreciated!

Oh, and before I forget, I've seen a lot of unfinished stories like these, left off years ago. I'm going to do my best to not do that. I've challenged myself to write every day and post every 2-3 days.

*cracks knuckles* Challenge accepted.

Cath walked down the hall to room 913, carrying a few boxes. She looked up at the door, feeling a wave of nostalgia pass over her. She remembered the first day there, when Levi, who she hadn't known then, was leaning against her door. In the exact same place now was Wren, with her boyfriend Jandro. She had gotten back a week before Cath since Cath had wanted to make sure her dad really was ok staying alone. Their grandmother had passed over the summer, and it wasn't the easiest thing for any of them.

Wren looked away from Jandro, noticing Cath for the first time. She smiled at Cath. "Hey! I've missed you!" Wren ran up to Cath, enveloping her in a huge hug. Cath set down her boxes and hugged her back, smiling.

"It's only been a week, Wren. Stop smothering me," she complained. Secretly, though, Cath had missed her sister when they were fighting last year and loved every moment they spent together. Cath pulled away, picking her boxes up. "So, how has it been here? Is Reagan inside yet?" Cath asked, feeling only a faint urge to pull out her laptop and start writing. Instead, she pulled out her key ring and unlocked the door, letting the twins and Jandro into the dorm.

"I think Reagan is at work. I saw her leave in the Olive Garden outfit. Oh, and she said to give you this," Wren handed Cath a business card. "Turns out the Barnes and Noble down the street is hiring. She thought you might want to get a job there. I told her you got a car this summer," Wren explained.

"Thanks. I'll keep it in mind," Cath said.

"Hey, I have to go, but you guys have fun," Jandro muttered, looking uncomfortable. Cath liked him decently, but she knew from Wren that, like Cath, he didn't enjoy socializing. Fine by her. Cath unpacked quickly, then pulled out her laptop, turning it on, and sitting on her bed.

"Bye Jandro!" Wren said, waving. When she saw what Cath was doing, she pulled the laptop out of her hands. "No writing until you've seen everyone. At least Levi. Come on, Cath, dad gave me permission to go to parties as long as I stayed with you and stayed sober, so you're going to have to get used to socializing more," Wren demanded.

"Definitely not! I'm thinking of writing a second book to Carry On, with them at college. I can't do that AND do school AND go to parties! I'll see Levi, though," Cath conceded. She pulled out her phone, texting Levi:

Hey, just got here. Can you meet up anytime soon?

His response was almost instantaneous, pinging my phone in my hands:

Sure. Your dorm, 5 minutes? Waiting for elevator now

Cath laughed aloud at his response. Only Levi would be already here. Not that she was complaining. She couldn't ask for a better boyfriend. He was perfect. Which just made Cath worried to see him. They had called and texted over the summer, even Skyped. But they hadn't seen each other in person, and she was worried he would be mad about that. Or worse, he could have found someone else. Cath told herself that was illogical, but the girl in the kitchen at his party last year kept coming back to haunt her.

A sharp knock shoved Cath out of her thoughts. Levi poked his head in, then pushed the door open fully. "Hey, sweetheart, it's so great to see you!" Levi gave Cath one of his trademark smiles, and Cath smiled back. She shut her laptop and placed it on her desk, saving it for another time.