Chapter Three

Hey everyone! Sorry this took forever, but I hope you're enjoying it anyways. This was a pretty long chapter, but I think it was pretty good. I'm actually doing NaNoWriMo for this story, but I started way late, so I think I'm doing pretty well!

Love

Lyss

Cath sat up in her bed, groggily. She wiped the sleep from her eyes, looking out the window. It was still mostly dark out. Looking at the clock, she realized it was only 6:12 a.m. She leaned over Levi, who was still lying next to her, and attempted to grab her laptop off the nightstand. Finding that impossible, she decided to get up to start the day. Cath knew Levi liked to sleep in until at least 9 a.m. on the weekends, and he was a heavy sleeper. She decided to take the risk of grabbing clothes and changing in her dorm.

Cath heard a groan from behind her as she slipped off her pants, her shirt already fully off. She turned around, shocked. Levi opened his eyes and looked at her. A wide grin spread across his lips. "Well, good morning, Cather. What time is it? Because I think it's a little late for anything like that. Not complaining, and I'm willing, just mentioning it," Levi joked. Or, at least, she hoped he was joking.

"Sorry. I was changing. Figured I wouldn't fall back asleep, no matter how much I hate getting up early," Cath explained.

"Not as if I have any reason to complain," he quipped. Levi stood up and leaned over to kiss her. She accepted the kiss but pushed him away before it could escalate like last night in the alley.

"Seriously, let me finish changing. I'm going to go for a run to wake myself up," Cath shoved him away.

He laughed. "Okay, sweetheart. Hands off, a promise." He put his hands up in a surrendering gesture to emphasize the point. Cath laughed, pulling her clothes on. She kissed his cheek briefly before turning around and walking out the door. Levi laughed and shook his head, following her out.

Cath walked down the stairs and started jogging. After a minute or so, her twin came beside her and jogged with her. Cath laughed. This always happened. When one of them went on a jog, the other one always did too.

"Hey, Wren. What's up?" Cath asked, not slowing in her jog. Over the summer, her dad had convinced Wren and Cath to go on runs almost every morning and sometimes even at night. They were used to running.

"Nothing much, but I met my roommate last night. Turns out you met her before I did? Why didn't you introduce me? And she's Levi's sister? She looks like a writer. Or maybe an artist. Not a farmer, like Levi," Wren commented. Cath looked over at Wren. She looked a little strange, but Cath couldn't put a finger on why.

"Yeah, I think she must be majoring in some kind of art. Oh, and she reads fanfics. My fanfics, even. Turns out Levi's dad is crazy homophobic. It was some huge secret that Mia reads gay anything," Cath laughed. Wren didn't. Normally she would. Cath didn't know what was happening. She looked at her sister more closely. She noticed dark circles under her eyes, a sign of exhaustion. Her eyes were a bit glazed over, almost like she was on a hangover. But the real teller was her breath. It smelled like beer.

"Wren! You were drinking last night? What is WRONG with you? Dad said no, I said no, even you agreed to this!" Cath fumed. She couldn't believe Wren.

"I'm sorry! But Mia wanted her first experience at college to be a good night, at a party. She didn't want to go alone, but she knew Levi wouldn't have gone with her. You, me, and Levi are the only people she knows here. I knew you wouldn't go for it, there was no way I could get you out again. And let's face it, I need a good party. I didn't get drunk, just a little tipsy. That's not bad. C'mon, Cath, I won't do it again, I promise, but please don't tell Dad," Wren begged.