A shaky start.

Clutching the CV in his hands, Zon turned a corner on one of the shop streets. There it was, the bakery that had the advertisement for personnel plastered at his university. His nervous hands kept rechecking if he had everything on hand, the CV, ID, list of references, pen and paper… Did he forget something? Hopefully this wasn’t the case, because he was running out of time. The agreed time of the interview was in 10 minutes. The next shopping window over, Zon quickly checked his appearance. Not that he could have changed anything about his unruly, messy black hair and his usual jeans & shirt appearance though…

Sighing in defeat, he continued his walk toward the bakery which was about 200 meters further on. Nervously wiping non-existent dirt off his shirt, he entered the store…. to exit 30 minutes later still in a daze. Did that just happen? All he could remember was him blabbering non-stop about how excited he was about starting a new job and that he really, really needed the cash because his parents struggled to support both him and his sister. They must have been pretty desperate, hiring him like that on the spot.

During his walk home, he decided to text Zen to tell him about the interview and that it was a miracle that they hired him.

You told them you really needed money? WHO SAYS THAT DURING THEIR INTERVIEW ZON!

Zon winced when he received Zen’s answer. I mean, he wasn’t wrong? Why did they hire him when he made such a mess of the interview itself?

I know, I know. I am not sure myself why they hired me, they must have been really desperate? Or maybe they have a weak spot for idiots who can’t stop rambling when nervous.

Zon sent his text before entering the dorm building, greeting a few students along the way. He’d better get his coursework done since the bakery asked him to start tomorrow to learn the basics. Whilst heating up leftovers from yesterday, he checked his phone for messages. One from Zen and one from Tutor, he grabbed his now hot food and a fork and sat down to answer. Zen’s message was about the interview and the job whilst Tutor was asking about the assignment for their class tomorrow and if it was possible they could meet up earlier to go through the questions.

You want to meet up for that? Surely you're not the one in need of help Tutor. 😐

Tutor’s reply followed quickly after, which left Zon huffing. “Oh, it is not for me, of course. I am helping you out, silly.” Said Zon out loud whilst imitating Tutor’s voice. He threw the phone aside on his bed, and started his coursework, he would show Tutor that he didn’t need any help….

Zon was supposed to meet Tutor the next day in the library at their university, so he made his way up the first floor and entered said library. Looking from left to right, he was scanning the room until he found the familiar face of Tutor…and him… Saifah..

Now that is one person he did not wish to see. He glared in Saifah’s direction, in hope that the tall person would get the hint and leave. Saifah however, merely smirked in his direction and poked Tutor whilst saying “I didn’t know you had to help shorty again. I bet he needs all the help though in order to increase his grade.” Tutor looked thoughtful at Zon before turning to Saifah again.

“Hmm, well since you are partly to blame, why don’t you help him then, Sai?” Tutor suggested whilst looking in Sai’s direction with an all-knowing look. Zon threw his bag on the table and sat down in a huff.