Let the dough rise

Zon's alarm went off at 02:00 AM on a chilly Saturday morning, which woke him from a somewhat pleasant dream, even though he already could not remember what it was about. The only thing that stuck in his brain was the vague smell of cinnamon and baked apples, it felt familiar somehow. Whatever the dream was, it made sure that Zon was in a good mood when he made his way over to the bakery. He stored his bike at his usual spot and knocked on the back door, still whistling a song he had on his Spotify a second ago. 

Will Sai be surprised when he finds out he's stuck with me? I do wonder…. I mean I did tell our boss to not let him know yet, but why did I say that? It's not like we're friends… maybe he will be disappointed instead.. 

Not knowing why that thought made him feel a pang of sadness, he kicked some pebbles about whilst waiting for Saifah to open the door.

"Zon..?" He slowly turned around, scared of how Saifah might react, and searched for an answer in his eyes. What he found was two big perplexed eyes staring back at him, like he was both happy and confused as to why Zon was here.

"Oh I am so glad that it's you! I was worried that I would get a random stranger. Why didn't the boss tell me this? Come inside, it's rather freezing out."

He...he's happy that I'm here? A dumbfounded Zon just stood there, gazing up at Saifah's face, not being able to move.

"Y-you don't mind that it's me? I mean, I don't really know a lot yet and I might mess up…" Zon stumbled over his words and thought he made a fool of himself, but instead he saw the beginnings of small wrinkles in the corners of his eyes that indicated a smile.

"Of course not, I will be the one teaching you anyway. It will work out fine, but really, do come in. I care little for freezing my jewels off." Saifah laughed at that, and motioned a still astounded Zon to go inside.

Saifah kept true to his word and taught Zon new recipes, explaining each step slowly and thoroughly. Not all were as easy as Saihah made them seem though, as he was experiencing at this very moment. Tongue almost out of his mouth in pure concentration, Zon worked on folding his recently risen dough in the correct way.

"How did you even do this? Mine just looks like a turd, gah." He sighed in defeat and eyed his massacred ball of dough with a frown on his face. Hearing Saifah's snicker across the room, he looked up to indeed see small wrinkles adorn his face again. It made him look..attractive. 

wait, what? Since when do I think of men as attractive? Not that I was ever against the idea of it, but…this, this is new. Oh crap he's coming my way now, good job Zon on spacing out whilst ogling at his face!

All of a sudden painfully aware of his clumsy hands and sweat on his face, Zon tried to wipe off the excess dough from his hands and grabbed a tissue to dry his face before Saifah came close enough to notice. Just like last time, Saifah went to stand behind him to grab his hands. Thank god he wiped his face! Feeling the warmth seep through on his back was like walking in the sun on a Summer's day. His muscles relaxed somewhat and he unconsciously inhaled deeply.  Saifah's scent was somewhat….familiar?