Ch. 1: They froze in the dark

note:

First of all, I wanted to thank you already. I honestly didn't even expect a single reader let alone people who comment and look forward into this story! Your support has made me smile already, thank you!

Still, I'd like you to know that this is an Izaya x OC story. I know that own characters aren't everyone's favorite slice of cake. I'm trying my best to keep Izaya in character and to make the OC an enjoyable character, but with the second statement I of course can not promise anything.

By the way, I found a fanmix on 8tracks, that fits the story quite well. It's called I get what I want; and was uploaded by whiae. I put the link on the side of this chapter. It's actually a shizaya fanmix, but in my opinion applies to this story just fine! I've been listening to it while writing constantly. There's a little nsfw-ish content, so be warned.

Another thing that's important to me are warnings! This story might consist of triggering and/or offending content such as:

angstdeathdepressive and/or suicidal thoughtspsychological terror such as manipulation and Izaya being the casual trash king he is and there might also be mature content in the form of implied and perhaps also detailed smut.

Please don't read ahead if you could get affected or triggered by such content in any negative way!
Otherwise, have fun and I hope you can enjoy this story. Feedback is highly appreciated!

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

As the moon and the cold wind met for what seemed like the first time ever, their coldness combined, somehow causing ermitting sparks to melt at least one of them eventually.

04/17:

He always had this grin on his face. A grin that practically threw the word defeat in her face. His pride, his constant successes, they were starting to get to her slowly.

Or had it truly been her own weakness, her constant defeats?

Either way, she was mad. Furious, even.

There were days when she had desperately wished for his smirk to vanish. Somedays this desire left a feeling of rage in the depths of her stomach, as if someone lit her guts on fire. It was bubbling with such dissatisfaction that she feared her body would burst.

It could have easily ripped her apart and spilled her insides everywhere. She caught herself imagining the blood dripping here and there, drawing patterns of no exact meaning, of no exact purpose.

The thought of the familiar crimson color made her let out a very small and shaky sigh. If she focused hard enough, it was easy for her to imagine the smell and the unfitting warmth the liquid radiated.

Would the sight of such a slaughter wipe off this godforsaken smirk? Probably not. She knew him well enough to be positive it would amuse him even more.

When closing her eyes in mere but a poor attempt to calm down and shut out her surroundings – or more specifically, him, the source of her anger – it did near to nothing.