Chapter Three

"That there is Snape's classroom," Fred's tone grew short. His expression made me laugh.

"Judging by the look on your face, he's not your favorite teacher?"

Fred scoffed and laughed as well. "I don't think he ever could be even if he tried."

"Tough. How hard is it to become your favorite then?" I asked with a faint smirk. "Is there anyone in particular who stands out to you? What does it take?"

"You sure are curious, aren't you?" He asked, snickering to play off a blush. "Well if it isn't obvious I'd say you have become one of my favorites, Miss Abbot."

"Ew- call me Rain. Please. Abbot makes me think of my family."

"Very well, Rain," He raised an eyebrow at the mention of my name. It swarmed me with butterflies, and he knew it.

"Anyway, moving on," He smirked as we emerged from the dungeons and then decided to leave the school out of the back entrance. A small hut resisted just down the hill before a thick stretch of wood. "Have you met Hagrid?"

"Hagrid?" His name sounded odd rolling off my tongue. "Interesting name."

"Yes, interesting name for an interesting man," Fred agreed. "It looks like he has a class at the moment, so we'll leave him be."

"There's a class out here?" I looked around at the beautiful scenery. "How could anyone focus on a lesson with how beautiful it is out here?"

"My, Rain," Fred grinned, then shook his head and led me back up to the school.

"What?" I asked, suddenly curious as to why he was suddenly out of words and flustered.

"Don't worry about me. It's nothing much," He waved the subject off. "But do you feel comfortable enough with the layout of the school? You think you could attend classes now?"

"Yeah," I sighed, and hugged his arm tighter to myself. "I just- I don't know..."

"What's bugging you, lovely?"

"It's scary. Wish I could just stay here in the quiet with you forever instead of having to deal with a bunch of new people and classes."

Fred looked a bit surprised but nonetheless, sat me down on a bench by a window sill.

"Hogwarts is a big school, yeah?"

I nodded. "Mhm."

"You got me," He pressed a hand to his chest. "You got George. Ron. Ginny. Harry. Hermione. See what I mean?"

"Yeah, I know where you're going with this," I tried to take a deep breath, but it came out unsteady and Fred heard how anxious I felt.

"Tell you what," He pointed to a clock down the hall. "The dismissal bell is in a couple of moments. So how about I take you to the Great Hall so we get a seat before the rush? After lunch you and Hermione could head to classes together?"

"Okay," I stood with him. He offered his arm again which I so gladly took. I felt my anxiety melt when I was next to him. It's such a relieving feeling.

We met in the Great Hall. He told me I could sit next to him for this first time around, but he encouraged me to sit with students more my age for dinner this evening. A bell rang out and students started entering the Great Hall.

It started as a trickle at first. I watched students from each find seats at their respective tables. Including more Gryffindors. I saw George enter and blushed dark when he smirked at me and Fred.

I had moved closer to him as students came into the room. My nerves went haywire with all of the new faces. And eyes.

"Was wondering how long you two would be running around together," George teased. "I even waited for Freddie to get back to class."