Chapter 3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Livia's POV

Platform 9 and 3/4 was packed full of ecstatic students bustling around and shoving into me at every opportunity, but I fought through until —

"Oi, watch it idiot!" I had bumped into Draco Malfoy. His blonde hair glared in the sun, unmistakable amongst the dense crowd of dark haired students that continued to flock to the train. He narrowed his grey eyes at me as if he was trying to place where he knew me from but couldn't seem to put two and two together. I rolled my eyes and attempted to move past him, but he blocked my path to the train. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

"No you don't. Now if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to get on the train before it sets off without me." I gave him the coldest glare I could muster, hoping he wouldn't remember me, and he stepped aside grudgingly, his stare now focused on a sooty smudge that he seemed to have acquired on the collar of his shirt. After depositing my trunk and owl with the other pieces of luggage, I stepped into the carriage; and if I'd have turned around, I would have noticed the blonde haired boy staring at my retreating back.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Draco's POV

That girl lied to me. I never forget a face, and hers was quite memorable thanks to her grassy green eyes, sharp cheek bones and straight golden-brown hair. And the fact that she was recently in my house. Livia Greenwood; or Livi, as I used to call her when she was younger. I was best friends with her sister, Faye Greenwood, but after her death I lost touch with the family completely — including Livi, who disappeared in our second year of school. I had previously asked my parents about her whereabouts, but they claimed to know nothing and I believed them: until I saw her walking in my hall that day. I admit, just now, I hadn't recognised her, but she and her sister looked so similar it didn't take me long to place her.

I temporarily forgot about the girl upon seeing Potter entering the platform with the Weasley family and Hermione.
Potter said something quietly to Mr Weasley and together they left the others, to the obvious disappointment of Mrs Weasley, and began to talk quietly. Mr Weasley's brow furrowed, and he seemed to reassure Harry — I wouldn't have been as bothered by this if I hadn't have seen Harry's mouth form to say the word "Malfoy". I moved closer, hiding behind a board littered with warnings from the ministry.

"Saw Malfoy jump about a mile... branded... replaced his father" I hissed at a group of noisy first years who were shrieking in my ear with excitement and tried to listen in closer to what they were saying.

"I doubt it, to be honest, Harry. You see, when Lucius Malfoy was arrested, we raided his house. We took away everything that might have been dangerous."

"I think you missed something."

"Well, maybe..." Mrs Weasley shouted for Harry and he made his way over to the whistling train, that seemed ready to set off. Before I had chance to mull over what I had heard, I snuck onto the train and went looking for the other Slytherins.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Livia's POV

I wandered through the train corridors, searching for an empty seat in a compartment. I eventually found one with a pale, ginger haired girl, a dark boy with curly hair and a few others grouped in a corner whispering in hushed voices. I entered, sitting on the edge of the seat next to the ginger. "Is this seat taken?"

"No it's not," the girl said cheerily "are you new here?"

"Yes" I answered, keeping my replies as short as possible — I didn't come here to make friends.

"Where did you go before? Please don't say Beaux batons, my brother's girlfriend goes there, and she's so annoying. Not that you would be" the girl rambled. Noticing that I was staring, she gave a sheepish grin and fell silent, waiting for my answer.

"No I didn't go Beaux batons. I didn't go anywhere before."

"Didn't go anywhere? So have you ever even been to school?" I was about to up and leave, as she was asking way too many questions, but then the boy chipped in.

"Give it a rest Gin, she obviously doesn't want to talk." His voice was cool enough that I knew he wasn't thrilled about my presence, and seeing the cold look the girl threw his way and the icy silence that came after I decided to try break the ice a little.

"What's your name?" I asked, addressing the girl.

"Ginny," she said, her friendly nature ignoring my previous coldness "Ginny Weasley. And that's Dean, my boyfriend."

"I'm Livia. What year are you in?"

"Fifth. Hey Dean, are you doing quidditch again this year? I'm thinking..." I blocked them out, instead choosing to plug in muggle headphones and dwell in my misfortune.

I awoke with a start. The raised voices in the carriage alarmed me, and I pulled off my headphones, still blasting music, to tune in to the argument. "It's non of your business Zach"

"Ooh defending your boyfriend?" A boy I assumed must be Zach spat at Ginny. At this comment, Dean jumped up.

"I'm her boyfriend dung brain!"

"It talks does it?" Zach taunted and Dean shook with fury. But Ginny smiled.

"Sternumentum Malefico!" Ginny bellowed, and Zach's nose began to bulge. We all looked at him curiously, leaning in closer as he went pale; all of a sudden, a dozen or so bats flew out of his nose, seemingly made of —

"Eww Ginny!" Dean looked quite nauseous and Ginny patted him on the back somewhat sympathetically whilst giggling. Until a professor walked in. We all froze, including Zach, and Ginny was already half way through her apology when she was interrupted by the lobster-red-faced professor.

"Don't be sorry my dear girl! That was quite simply marvellous. What's your name?"

"Ginerva Weasley sir" she stuttered.

"I was just on my way to indulge in a spot of lunch. Care to join me Ginerva?" Ginny went pink with shock and surprise whilst Zach looked ready to explode.

"But... but... she hexed me! Aren't you going to - "

"And what an amazing hex it was am I right?" The professor chuckled to himself and grinned at Ginny proudly.

Zach said nothing and just watched Ginny and the professor leave. He haughtily turned to his friends. I sank back into my seat and was about to put my headphones back on when Dean sighed in my direction. Twice. "Anything the matter Dean?"

"Where do you think they went? And why didn't he ask any of us to come?" He said, completely ignoring my question. He obviously had no one else to talk to.

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure she'll be back soon." I settled down, closed my eyes and attempted to fall asleep. I could hear Dean trying to talk to me again, but after a while he got the message and everything fell silent.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧