Chapter 6

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Livia's POV

After a restless night, I trudged downstairs to breakfast. The Great Hall was a soft baby blue sky, with rounded fluffy clouds, but even despite the brightness of the scene the candles still burned bright. The tables were laden thick with aromatic food and from the Slytherin table I could see Celeste waving at me to join her. As I was walking over a blonde jumped in front of me.

"Liv? Is that really you?" A soft voice inquired.

"Luna! Hey. Wow, you've changed so much." Oh no. My old friend from Ravenclaw, and possibly one of the nicest girls at Hogwarts: Luna Lovegood.

"Didn't you leave?" She asked, and then hissed: "I thought the basilisk had gotten to you too."

"No it didn't, I just had to leave."

"Oh." She looked crestfallen, although I couldn't establish why. "Well I'll let you eat." And before I could stop her, she skipped off.

"Morning Livia!" Celeste sung, obviously in a sunny mood.

"Good morning." I sighed and slipped in next to her. And then froze. I hadn't noticed the platinum haired boy sitting opposite.

He briefly glanced up to look at me before returning to continue stirring his coffee. I decided to be civil — after all, we were partners, even if he didn't know it. "Hey Malfoy."

"Livia." He replied stiffly, the lack of use of the nickname telling me all I needed to know. Unfortunately, Celeste decided to push this.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." She grinned at me but I subtly shook my head. Her triumphant face fell, but she was saved Snape, who at that moment came to give us our timetables; Draco closed his mouth and decided not to say anything.

The table went silent as Snape glided up to us. Draco's face turned to stone, his sharp jaw clenched, his eyes trained steadily on the wall behind Celeste and I. He gave Celeste and Draco their timetables and then turned to me. "Miss Greenwood, there seems to be an issue concerning your timetable. I'm going to need you to come with me." I got up to follow him, looking at Draco one last time but all I saw as I walked away was the back of his blond head.

Snape kept steadily striding ahead, making it quite hard to keep up with him. I hissed curses at him under my breath, and he must have heard as he turned in the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, waiting for me to pass before shutting the door. He strode up to me and yanked my sleeve upwards, I realised what he was doing about a second too late and he gripped my arm like a vice as he beheld the ugly mark upon it. For the first time in a long while, I had no idea what to do. He would tell Dumbledore for sure, and then where would I be?

At that moment, Neville along with Harry, Draco and a few other students bust into the classroom. Snape let go of my arm abruptly, the sleeve falling back into place, and I stood, unable to move, as everyone went to take their place in the class. Snape seemed to be unperturbed, pacing to the blackboard and scribbling something on it with his wand. I turned, feeling a bit better until I saw Harry, staring at me, eyes narrowed — he had seen me.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Draco's POV

After getting my timetable, and discovering Defence Against the Dark Arts was first, I planned to walk to the lesson alone, but Celeste had other plans.

"Draco, wait up." I kept walking, determined to ignore her. "Oi, Draco I know you heard." I stopped.

"What?"

"Just wanted to walk with you. I saw your timetable, we both have the same lesson." I began to walk again, her step fell into place with mine. I prayed she wouldn't talk. I was hoping to have some alone time, maybe sneak out to the Room of Requirement... but Celeste had other plans. "Can you believe Snape finally got the position he wanted? I don't know what Dumbledore was thinking!"

"Hmm." I said, not completely listening (still planning to escape).

She sighed, noticing my lack of attention and said: "What's going on with you and Liv?"

"What do you mean?" I snapped out of my trance and looked at her, alarmed.

"Well last night you said you knew her in the past and it seemed like you might be friends, but this morning you were — rather off."

"I don't see how it's any of your business." I snapped, relieved at the sight of Snape's new classroom. Celeste just shook her head and followed me to Defence Against the Dark Arts. The second Celeste and I entered the classroom, along with Potter and a few others, I saw Snape. And Livi. They were stood at the front of the classroom, his hand gripping her arm hard whilst she recoiled from him, as if he'd hurt her in some way. I felt a red hot burning in the back of my eyelids and I stumbled to my seat, rubbing my eyes persistently — it eventually faded, upon seeing Snape let go of Livi. But Potter stood, rooted to the spot, staring at where Livi and Snape had been stood. He knew something about her; and I intended to find out what it was.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to my first voter manahilparks202 and everyone else who has voted and read my story 💙

If you are reading, please comment and vote so I know!! Thank youu :)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧