Chapter 5

"Arthur!! Right There!! There!" He pointed to the spot. "C'mon pull it harder! Aw man, you made it escape!!" He said exasperated.

Here they were at the middle of the ocean, fishing.

Their bucket had fish in it already but it still wasn't enough caught for today, Alfred had been shouting and screaming to Arthur, who's eye, left eye specifically, twitched in annoyance and finally screamed back after listening to minutes, hours, of Alfred's shouts.

"BLOODY FUCKING HELL!!! YOU AREN'T EVEN DOING ANYTHING YOUR HIGHNESS, DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO CATCH A BIG FISH?!?! THE BLOODY THING WAS TOO HEAVY!!" He ranted, his grip on the rod becoming tighter as he succumbed to anger.

"LOOK AT YOU, JUST SHOUTING AND COMPLAINING WHILE YOU'RE JUST SITTING THERE, NOT EVEN MOVING YOUR FISHING ROD!!" He continued, and Alfred whined loudly while clinging into his own rod.

"But- but no fish were even taking my bait! And when I finally feel my rod twitch, it always escapes before I could even look back at it!" He complained, frustrated.

"That's because you don't look out for your own rod! Stop looking at me and watch out for your own rod!!" Arthur shouted back. Alfred pouted and he sighed.

"I've never done this before alright?!" He started.

"But I still wanted to help you as an apology for making your fishes escape so I was watching you to see how you could catch fishes!"

Arthur looked at him and sighed, "Look, I appreciate the help, your highness. But if you really don't know how to fish, then just stand there and watch, got that?"

He asked, the corners of his lips slightly turning upwards. "Are you sure you don't want me to help you, Arthur?" Alfred offered one last time, and Arthur nodded.

"I can do this myself your highness, so just watch me!" He answered boasting and looked back at his rod, waiting for any fish to bite.

The two had a comfortable silence for a few moments until Alfred broke it.

"Hey Arthur, just call me Alfred, I don't like you calling me that, okay?"

Arthur looked at him, eyes widened and confused, to which Alfred smiled at.

"I want you to be friends with me, and friends call each other by their first names! So stop with that 'Your Highness' crap!" He grinned.

They stared at each other's eyes for a few seconds until Arthur spoke up.

"If you say so, A-Alfred." He felt his cheeks turning red, flustered. "Just watch the sea and don't bother me.." He looked away and focused his attention back to the salty water below him.

A few hours later, Arthur caught something big.

"Ah-"

He pulled the rod as hard as he can.

Then called out to Alfred.

"A-Alfred you git, don't just stand there!! Help me pull this out!" He demanded and Alfred immediately stood up and bounded to help Arthur.

They pulled the rod together,

"It's not enough! Pull harder!!"

And they did, they pulled it as hard as they can until they managed to catch the animal. Arthur hugged the fish, though was not the most effective way to stabilize a huge catch, it worked. He did not let it escape back to the ocean as it squirmed around his grip.