KABANATA 10

"Pretty,I want you by myself"

With a heart beats fast like I just came from a long run,afraid that he would vanish suddenly in a blink of an eye.Para nga lang akong tumakbo ng ilang kilometro dahil sa bilis ng tibok ng aking puso.

I'm afraid and nervous at the same time too.Nakaramdam ako ng kirot sa aking dibdib.I don't know the reason is but I'm certain that it was because of him.

" I told you,I'll wait for you. " kasing lambot ng mamon ang kaniyang boses ng sinabi niya iyon.

"You're so pretty that I want you by myself only."

I gasp.Hindi ko malaman kung ano ang nasa isip niya ngayon.Uminit ang aking pisngi na para bang nasusunog.Bakit sobrang nerbyosa ko ngayon? Dahil ba sa kaniya? Atsaka,yung mga salita niyang mga flowery! Hindi ako sanay.

Icarus proudly stand in front of me with a grin on his face.He grew taller,he was more looking manly and mature kesa noong nagkita kami noon.Unlike before,his hair was nicely comb and it fits him well.With a rose on his hands,he bowed and grab my hands using his free hand towards me.

"Bakit hindi ka bumisita?"

Tumaas ang kilay niya,tila hindi makapaniwala sa sinabi ko.

" Seriously baby,'yan ba talaga ang unang sasabihin mo sa akin? "

I frown.Bakit ba? Matagal na siyang nakauwi tapos hindi siya pumunta sa bahay para man lang mangamusta.Really Hezekiah? Or you just want to see him.

"I just want to suprise you.And I think I did a good job on surprising you "

Ngumiwi ako dahilan para tumawa siya.

"Let's go? Birthday girl?" Naramdaman ko na gumapang ang isa nitong kamay papunta sa aking beywang habang ang isa naman ay nakahawak sa aking kamay.

Tumango ako and I softly smiled at him.I feel like in a cloud nine.Lumulutang sa ibabaw ng langit at sinisinghap ang sarap ng ginhawa.

"Ladies and gentlemans,may I present you the debutante with her escort Mr.Icarus Kai Monteralv.Please give them a round of applause"

The guests clap their hands like it was an amazing show.The photographer then followed us while we stalk our way to the stage.Nakita ko sina Mommy at Daddy na may malaking masayang mukha habang pumalakpak.I twist my head in the other side and I found out Kuya Jace and Kuya Ezios happily looking at us.

Despite their happy faces,I could still glimpse a seriousness.After that,Kuya Jace leaned forward to Ezio.They were whispering with each other kaya hindi ko marinig ang usapan nila.But the look on their faces are screaming questions.

Hindi nga ako nagkamali dahil noong nasa stage na kami.Nakita kong nag-uusap sina dad at kuya Jace.May inanounce ang mc kaya't agad napabaling ang aking atensiyon sa harapan.I immediately forgot about the scene a while ago.

Time past by at nagbigay na ng speech si Mommy.It was so emotional that I can't stop myself on crying.

"The day that we meet Hezekiah was unexpected.She was alone and injured for that we accidentally collide with her.Thankfully,hindi siya masyadong napuruhan at nasagutan.When we brought her to the hospital,doon ako nagkaroon na tanungin siya kung may natitira pa siyang pamilya..."  The audience all focused on mommy that it went silent for a while.Hindi rin nakakatulong yung sad song na nakatogtog at ang namumulang mga mata niya.

"All of you know the condition of my husband so there's no need to explain..fast forward,napagpasiyahan namin na ampunin siya.Hindi sa naawa ako pero sa dahilan na I was looking for love from a daughter.I want to experience the feeling of having a daughter."

"I'm already contented with my two loving sons pero mas iba pa rin ang pagmamahal ng isang babaeng anak diba?" She said.

Ang lahat naman ay tumango na sumang-ayon.

"With the help of some connections,we immediately process the papers and I was gladly happy and exited in the same time.I was like....this is it.I'm having a daughter for real.Hezekiah,lift up my sad days and the longing of a mother for a daughter."

Tumulo ang luha sa kaniyang mga mata at napa-aww pa nga ang lahat.Mommy glance at me and I smiled at her and murmured I love you's.

"All the shortcomings are filled with satisfaction.My desire on having a daughter is now fulfilled.And that,I finally feeled it.The missing pieces are on its place.Sweetie,thank you for coming on our lifes.You are the one that we are seeking and longing for.Today is your day and I want you to know that Mom,Dad,and your Kuya's love you so much"

Pumalakpak ulit ang lahat at tumungo naman sa akin si Mommy upang yakapin ako.I hugged her tight as I felt the love that she was giving me.

"I love you My" malambing kong sabi.

"I love you too baby,Happy birthday" she said and hugged me once more and gave me a peck of kiss.

Sumunod naman si Daddy pagkatapos ay sina Kuya.Kuya Jace's speech was emotional too.He said he was happy that they were having a little sister in the house and he'll be my guide and sheild for the monsters that might approach me.While kuya Ezio was also happy too.Sobrang overwhelmed and na-touch ako sa mga messages nila.But of course,may tao talagang isisi-singit ang kalokohan.

"Remember lil sis,huwag magpatusok kung hindi naman malaki" Kuya Ezio said that made all of the guests laugh.

Nakita ko pa na sinita at binatukan siya ni Mommy.While dad just laugh at what his son said.

"Ang unfair naman para sa mga jutay!" Sigaw sa isa ng mga bisita.

"Hindi naman kasi masarap yung jutay e.Parang halos walang pumapasok sa butas!" Sigaw naman sa isa sa bisita na babae.At nagsitawanan nga ang lahat.

And the most memorable moment that happened in that day is the 18th roses.I was nervous and exited.May time na gusto kong umatras.Hindi ako mapakali at gusto kong tumakas but I was also tempted to have the dance with him.The moment our hands touch and his fingers on my waist.Sent shivers to my spine at let me feel the butterflies in my stomach.Really,how perfect it was.

"It was the best and happiest birthday of my life"

——————
Happy reading! Enjoy! Luvlots 💓