Chapter 2

Toni's pov:

It's the next day and I'm currently late to my first day. My "shift" starts at 3:30, I decided to take a nap and missed my alarm, it's now 3:52. I didn't have to wear a certain outfit because they are just going to give me the elf costume to change into anyway.

"Goodbye Tiki!" I yelled to my dog before rushing out the door and down to my car.

____________

"So what you need to do is set these presents under the tree and cut out some paper Christmas tree's. When your done hang the paper tree's on this line around the room. There should be a second elf here to help you with everything" my "boss" Tyler explained to me.

"Okay um, when do I get to do the whole, santa clause thing?"

"You get that shift tomorrow" he smiled.

"Great is that all?"

"Yep. Also, make sure to keep that smile on your face the entire time, we don't want any moody elf's" he joked.

"No we do not and don't worry, I am in an amazing mood" I smiled.

"Perfect"

When he walked away, I turned to the fake Christmas tree then to the fake presents.

I took a deep breath. "Here we go"

____________

I was in the middle of glueing little colored paper pieces onto the paper Christmas trees when someone stood next to me, starting to do the same thing I was doing. I looked over and seen a redhead, wearing practically the same elf costume as me but a little different. I didn't see her face because of her long red hair, but one thing I noticed was how amazing she smelt. Her perfume smelt like Cherry's and vanilla.

I wanted to talk to her but I suddenly got very nervous. I eventually worked up the courage to tap her on the shoulder.

"E-excuse me?"

She looked at me, letting me see how beautiful she was.

"What?"

She had a bit of an attitude which made me confused.

"Um, just wanted to say hi" I smiled.

"Hi" she said simply before going back to cutting the paper. I saw her name tag so decided to compliment her on her name.

"I-I like your name"

"Thanks" she said, not even looking up at me.

"Ok" I mumbled to myself.

I don't get why she would volunteer if she didn't like the job. How could anyone be moody during the Christmas season? It's the best holiday.

"Toni" I looked over to Tyler.

"Yeah?"

"Here is a small ladder for you both. It's so you can hang up the tree's"

"Okay" I smiled, not letting this girl ruin my mood.

I grabbed the ladder from him and set it under the thin lining on the ceiling. I took a couple of the trees and climbed the latter, clipping them onto the lining.

"Hey could you help me with this please?" I asked the Cheryl.

She looked up at me and rolled her eyes. She then walked up to the ladder so I could reach out more to clip the last one.

"Thanks" I smiled big at her.

"Sure" she walked back over to the table, not saying anything else to me.

____________

"Looks great you guys, your done for today"

I smiled at Tyler before walking to the back room to change. Once I was done, I saw Cheryl leaving. I rushed to catch up with her.

"Hey!"

She looked back at me, rolling her eyes again.

"What is it now?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to know what you were doing after work"

She sighed. "If you must know, I'm going to get sushi then go home"

"Okay"

I continued walking with her all the way to the food court and up to the sushi place.

"What are you doing?" She asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked back, confused.

"I mean, why are you following me like a lost puppy?"

"I don't know. Just don't want you to be alone I guess"

Cheryl's pov:

I had to admit, that WAS pretty sweet of her, but this girl was annoying. Nobody should love Christmas this much.

"Thanks but I think I can manage by myself"

"I don't mind being here" she shrugged.

"Whatever"

After I ordered my food, I walked away to get a table. I thought that after she ordered her food she would leave, but man was I wrong..

"I've always wanted to be a mall elf" she smiled.

"And why is that?" I asked, irritated.

"You know what, I actually don't know!" She said as if she was shocked.

"Mhm, awesome. So I'm leaving now" I said getting up from the table.

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Unfortunately"

"Alright, bye Cheryl!"

I didn't say bye back, just walked out the mall, ready to go back to my little apartment.

*******************************
Heyy!
Hope you liked the second chap :)