Chapter Three

Author's Note (A/N) : Hi everyone! This story is officially off its hiatus, and I'm so excited to continue it. It's been hard to find some inspiration during these times, and I've been a little swamped with school, so it was difficult to work with this story, and provide the best content to you all. BUT now it's officially back, and I'm very very excited for you to read this short but very important build-up chapter! I really hope you enjoy this one, and I think it's safe to say, that I have some exciting things lined up for this story.

Since it's been a while, I would probably recommend doing a quick recap on the previous two chapters. It would really help understand the build-up and this chapter in a better way.

So have fun! A vote would definitely be appreciated! (Also, Chapter Four is definitely going to be up soon, so watch out for that update!) Thank you! :)

x-----------------x-----------------x

Chapter Three

"Don't tell anyone you can see."

I gasped sharply as I dropped the letter and the phone, clutching my mouth with both hands. I could almost feel my face run cold with fear.

"Hello?" My mom asked. "Evelyn?"

My mouth trembled with overwhelming panic, as I recalled the person who broke into my house, and deliberately attacked me. My heart was hammering in my chest, and I could feel the unsettling tingle all throughout my body. Breathing heavily, I ran my hands through my hair and scrunched it, holding tight, as my elbows framed my face. I looked side to side, and practically sprinted to my bedroom, to check if anyone was still here.

Frantically checking under my bed, my bathroom, and looking through all the locks on the windows/doors, I found no trace of anyone ever being or trying to break in here. I checked my patio door through the living room, which was locked as well. I felt tears swirling through my eyes, at the thought and panic of this situation, but I blinked them away, slowly retorting back to my senses.

There's no way I could've gained my vision back through just a fall. The chances were slim to none, almost impossible. Although my knowledge of science and neurology were very obviously limited, even I knew this couldn't have been possible. Along with that, I wasn't always the luckiest person to begin with, which is again, quite obvious.

This had to be intentional, and as insane as that might've sounded at the moment, an instinct inside me decided it wasn't.

My eyes retreated to the letter lying on the floor, next to the phone that was still vibrating, from what I imagined was my mom's voice. I walked over, and picked up the phone.

"Eve?" My mom called, and I could hear the concern in her voice.

I gulped and cleared my dry throat, "Yeah, sorry about that," is all I could manage.

"Are you okay? Should I come over? What's going on, honey?" She asked, and I could almost see the little twinge in her eyebrow slightly lifting, when she questioned me.

I took a deep breath and responded with the calmest voice I could manage, "No, I'm doing okay. You don't have to worry, I promise." I knew that she would still evaluate her options, and try to find an excuse to come over, but I prayed she didn't. This was already overwhelming enough, and I couldn't imagine sharing this with anyone and getting them involved, let alone my mother.

"Alright." She responded apprehensively. "What did you want to tell me?"

"Uh—," I hesitated, "Actually Mom, I'll call you back. It—It's nothing too important." I stuttered, not knowing what to say, biting my lip. I rubbed my temples, my mind still spinning.