Chapter 5: My Bears

By the time opening night rolled around, Camila was back in top form, only slighter crazier than usual because, well, dear God, it was opening night. She paced around her dressing room waiting for her friends to meet her, sure that she was suffering some sort of health problem. Cardiac arrest? Suffocation? Sudden onset epilepsy? Camila swirled around when the door opened, watching as Harry froze and stared at her. God, she must look like a maniac.

"Keep moving Styles." A voice behind him said.

"It's hot as ass in this hallway."

Harry rolled his eyes, but stepped into the room. "Wow, that's wonderful, Dinah."

Ariana and Dinah followed him into the room, and Camila stopped pacing long enough to greet them with a nervous smile.

"So, have you forgotten your lines yet?" Dinah asked. She looked bored, and started rummaging through all the crap on Camila's dresser.

"Oh my God, Dinah !" Harry exclaimed. "You don't ask her that right before a show!"

"Well, hopefully the answer's no." Dinah said distractedly, pocketing one of Camila's nail polishes and opening her drawers.

"I am fully prepared for this, thank you very much Dinah. I've been preparing for twenty-four years, actually. And it's perfectly healthy to be filled with nervous energy before a show." Camila chose not to mention how she had been diagnosing herself with farfetched medical disorders a few minutes ago.

Dinah studied her with something like pride in her eyes, heavily disguised and hidden pride, or alcohol intoxication, then went back to stealing her stuff.

Harry took one of Camila's hands in his.

"You're a bagel on a plate full of onion rolls, Camila . You were born for this, and we're proud of you, and you'll be amazing. Oh, and I'm illegally filming it on Halsey's crappy camera because Normani is threatening me with physical violence."

Camila pulled him into a hug. "Thanks Harry." She let go as the door opened again and Lauren walked in hesitantly with her hands in her coat pockets. She smiled when she saw Camila . Camila started to walk over to her.

"Hey, it's Lauren !" Ariana exclaimed, beating Camila and bounding to a halt in front of Lauren . She didn't try to touch her, just stood there with a bright smile on her face and warm honey eyes.

"Hi, Ariana." Lauren said, lips quirked up slightly.

"How are you?" Ariana asked.

Camila almost laughed. She had never heard Ariana ask that before in her life; they were the sort of boring pleasantries Ariana usually just bounded right over. Camila glanced at Harry , who looked a little unnerved. Dinah, pockets now weighed down with Camila's belongings, just studied the two brunettes with a smile.

Camila could see Lauren's fingers moving in her pockets.

"Um, I'm fine. How about you?"

"I'm great! But I have to go now 'cause Di said we could get churros if I could eat mine before the show starts. So, bye Lauren ! Bye Camila!"
Ariana grabbed Dinah's hand and skipped out the door. Harry plopped down on the couch and Camila made her way over to Lauren , who pulled her into a hug as soon as she was close enough.

"Thanks for coming." She said when they pulled apart.

Lauren smiled. "Of course. I would've been here earlier but Barnaby, um, chewed the shoes I wanted to wear...So, I had to change my dress..."

"Well, you look wonderful." Camila said, grinning as Lauren flushed and looked down at her feet. "Will you be okay here? I mean, are you comfortable, in the audience?" she asked, slightly quieter.