Chapter 11: Like Being in Love, She Said for the First Time

Camila was awoken the next morning when she subconsciously realized she was being blinded by the sun. Something had pulled back her curtains, and she blearily opened her eyes to investigate when, oh God, some sort of mammal jumped on her legs. A 5'6" mammal with messy brown hair and an excited grin on her face. Camila groaned and buried her face in her pillow. Too. Fucking. Early.

"Camila ." Lauren said, bouncing up and down a little. Camila didn't respond.

"Caaaaamila."

Camila smiled into her pillow and shifted her legs around, trying to knock Lauren off.

"Camila , it's my birthday! You have to play with me." Lauren proclaimed, pulling the covers half-off Camila's body.

Camila spoke directly into her pillow. "I know, honey. Happy birthday. I'll be more enthusiastic after eight a.m." And coffee.

And when she's not being blinded by the sun. And sat on by her girlfriend. And dogs.

Lauren pouted and pulled back the covers until she could reach one of Camila's feet. She ran her fingers over the bottom as Camila squirmed to get away and then grabbed the big toe.

"This little piggy went to market." Lauren said softly. Camila grinned into her pillow, slobbering all over it and suffocating herself, but whatever.

"This little piggy stayed home." Lauren continued. Camila could feel green eyes on her and she tried not to react outwardly. It was futile, because she'd never met anybody more ticklish than herself.

Camila could hear the smile in Lauren's voice. "This little piggy had roast beef." Camila actually grimaced. Okay, move on the next piggy. Her dads used to change the line to 'this little piggy had vegan lasagna,' but, yeah, most people realized that was absolutely fucking ridiculous.

"This little piggy had none." Well, aww.

That wasn't much happier. Lauren paused to build anticipation after that, and Camila tried not to asphyxiate herself with her pillow.

"And this little piggy..." Lauren held her pinky toe gently and Camila tried to prepare her body. Relax your muscles. Breathe. Don't pee yourself.

"Went wee wee wee all the way home!" Lauren exclaimed, tickling along Camila's feet, and then pouncing up the bed and continuing along her torso. Camila was successful with only one of her three goals. She managed not to pee herself.

Thank God.

Camila rolled around, turning bright red because she couldn't fucking breathe and she was oxygen deprived from having her face pressed into her pillow for so long.

She accidentally kicked an excited Barnaby off the bed, and tried to choke out some kind of surrender through her laughter.

Lauren finally stopped and just laid like dead weight on top of Camila . Camila tried to school her features to look angry, but, yeah, that definitely wasn't happening. She seemed to have lost all conscious control of her facial muscles.

"Lauuuuren." She whined until the woman rolled off of her and sat cross-legged next to her head. Camila stared up at Lauren for a moment and then just smiled again because the brunette was a complete mess with a massive grin.

"Happy birthday Lauren ." Camila said, slightly more enthusiastically than before.

She shifted up on her elbows and puckered her lips like a child. "Give me a birthday kiss."

Lauren happily obliged, and Camila ran her hand through the tangled brown mess on her girlfriend's head in a futile attempt to smooth it out.

"So, I have big plans for us today, sweetheart." Camila said as Lauren pulled back.