Chapter One

Years go by...

Patton wants to simply be with his brother..he wants to hang out with him, but both little kids haven't seen each other in a while... They used to share a room, but now they've been completely separated.

Patton decided one day to try and get his brother to play outside with him, so he knocked on the door, grinning excitedly.

He knocked five times, in a simple little rhythm.

PATTON

Do you wanna build a snowman?

Come on, let's go any play!

I never see you anymore

Come out the door!

It's like you've gone away!

We used to be best buddies...

And now we're not...

I wish you would tell me why!

¤•¤•¤•¤•

Patton peeked through the keyhole.

PATTON

Do you wanna build a snowman?

It doesn't have to be a snowman!

¤•¤•¤•¤•

"Go away, Patton!" Virgil said from the other side of the door.

PATTON

...Okay bye...

¤•¤•¤•¤•

Virgil was staring out the window, and accidently created a bunch of sharp icicles on the window sil. He pulled his hands away, gasping a bit.

"The gloves will help," his father said, helping Virgil put on a pair of lilac gloves. "Remember..conceal-"

"Don't feel," Virgil said next. "Don't let it show."

Seven years later, a pre-teen twelve year old Patton slid across the wood floor, knocking on Virgil's door. 

PATTON

Do you wanna build a snowman?

Or ride our bike around the halls?

I think some company is overdue-

I've started talking to the pictures on the walls!- hang in there Joan-

It gets a little lonely...

All these empty rooms...

Just watching the hours tick by....

¤•¤•¤•¤•

Virgil backed away from his parents in fear, breathing heavily. He was on the verge of a panic attack. 

"Virgil, try and take deep breaths..." his father tried.

"N-no! Stay away! I-I don't wanna hurt you..."

Both his parents looked at each other, a sad look in their eyes.

Eight more years, and Patton was now twenty, Virgil twenty-two. Their parents were going on an overseas trip to attend a wedding in Corona. They left Virgil in charge while they were gone.

Patton gave Virgil a small smile, but Virgil avoided eye contact with him, looking at his parents. "...Do you have to go...?" The fear was evident in his eyes.

"You'll be fine, Virgil," King Thomas gave him a sympathetic look. "We have faith in you."

Patton then hugged his parents before they left, waving goodbye to them both. Virgil immediately returned to his room.

But...things didn't go as planned.

When the brothers heard the news they were absolutely devastated...their hearts both shattered completely...

When Patton got back from the funeral, dressed in all black, he softly knocked on Virgil's door.

"Virgil..."

PATTON

Please...I know you're in there...

People are asking where you've been

They say "Have courage"...and I'm trying to

I'm right out here for you

...Just let me in...

We only have each other

It's just you and me

What are we gonna do...?

¤•¤•¤•¤•

Patton leaned against the door, and slid down to the floor, tears running down his face.

PATTON

...Do you wanna build a snowman...?

¤•¤•¤•¤•

Tears ran down Virgil's cheeks. He was on the floor, leaning against the door. He just let the tears run as he stared up at the ceiling.

His room was covered in ice, all unintentional.. he covered his face in his hands, shoulders shaking.

It was just them now...