The Fallout

A/n Sorry It ha taken me so long to update, the joys of Lockdown 2.0 and helping with my autistic brother.  Also I thought with it being the fallout of Nova's reappearance, making it a long chapter was the most apt thing too do.

As she walked backstage with her head held high, Nova noticed the look of shock on the faces of both wrestlers and workers alike at her debut which made Nova grin like the cat that had got the cream, her anxiety of seeing her brothers after so long eradicated. Taking her cape off and taking a swig of water she had left purposely with a worker, she suddenly heard " well,well,well. You certainly got your point across didnt you" which made her turn around and come face to face with the looming and some would say terrifying figure of Mr Brodie Lee himself, who put a hand on her shoulder and smiled at her " Thought I would start as I Mean to go on. Before I forget though, thank you for even suggesting this to Tyson. I dont know if I could cope with seeing them without any kind of backup". As he looked at the young woman in front of him, he saw something in her that not many did, her vulnerability and it broke his heart a little, knowing only a small bit of what she had gone through on her own and it made him want to protect her more than he thought. Smiling at the woman in front of him, he replied " you could little angel. You have more strength than you think. I have watched a few of your matches, your dad would be proud of you and your strength, id even go as far as too say you are better than your brother." After a couple of seconds of silence, Nova heard a french twang of an accent ask her "are you okay? You have been through hell tonight"and as she turned around to see who had asked her the question no one had asked her in a long time, she made eye contact with the man who asked and its was like everything stopped for a couple of seconds as soon as they made eye contact.  Snapping herself out of her trance, her eyesight was diverted to behind him and to the incoming tornado that was her family walking over to her, "oh fantastic" she groaned as the men surrounded her and evil uno stated "we will protect you little angel" which put a smile on the purple haired woman's face that finally she had people to back her up when she needed it. As Dustin walked over to the group, the tears in his eyes were noticeable as he stared at the face of the girl, now woman he thought he would never see again after that day and said, dumbfounded and still in shock "Lee? Is it actually you? I cant believe it's actually you.  You look so grown up and different" "so would you if you had to grow up quicker than you should've done" Nova heard Brodie say as he put his arm around the newest member of his faction in both a leader and brotherly capacity, a feeling that Nova wasnt used to,but hated to admit was a felling she had truly missed. 

Looking at her oldest brother getting more and more irate at what was happening in front of him, she looked over at Cody's still shocked expression out the corner of her eye as she heard Dustin warn the man acting more like a brother to Nova than her own brothers had done in years "get your hands of my sister Lee, I wont warn you again". Seeing his brother getting angry, Cody seemed to snap out of the shock he was in  and he walked over to where his sister and brother were having an intense face off. Seeing her brother and sister in law coming over, their faces still showing their shock ,Nova feeling stronger  than she had done in years, replied back to her oldest brother, coldly which shocked Dustin who was innocently, some would say stupidly hoping that she was still that young kid who was his shadow all those years ago " Funny I'm your sister now Dust, seeing as I have proved you all wrong and actually made it on my own. As your brother stated that day, I am not a Runnels or a Rhodes and If I say so myself, I have done pretty damm well for myself not being one". Hearing about enough, Brandi walked forward and squared up to the purple haired woman, angry that her sister in law was back in the lives of the Runnels family  after everything she had put them through since that day and the pain she had caused her brothers and sisters " Are you being serious Novalee" she deadpanned as Dustin added, backing off Brandi, worried they were going to lose the youngest Runnels sibling again "we were all hurt Novie. Cody didnt mean what he said, we have missed you so much. We tried looking for you, we couldnt find you anywhere. Where did you go.....".  Listening to her oldest brother, the man she once saw as her hero, spout more lies to make him and them feel better  just made Nova go from aggravated to furious as she bit back, unable to listen to anymore "I was 18 Dustin......18!, are you forgetting I was there. I was there when I saw the hate in his eyes and felt the slap around my face. Are you forgetting dear big brother, how you stood by and did nothing. I had to move on and change because I HAD NO OTHER CHOICE. I had to change so that I could survive on my own. Even after everything he has done, still he stands there like the petulant boy he once was and wants sympathy and I'm sorry but he isnt getting it from me, none of you are. Dont act like I am stupid or that you are this amazing and caring big brother, if you looked for me, you would've found me quite easily those first few months, I was living 10 minutes away from you". Feeling the tears threatening to spill from her eyes and not wanting them to see they were affecting her, Nova turned to the Man who had taken her breath away what felt like an eternity ago, the man she later learnt to be Stu Grayson, Marc outside of the ring and for some reason trusting him she asked him in a whisper "can you get me out of here" to which he simply nodded and put his arm around the woman and walked her towards her locker room, members of the dark order stopping Dustin from following her as they heard Brandi shout "this isnt over Novalee, not by a long shot" "I wouldn't expect anything less Brandi" Novalee yelled back, knowing the  issues they had going. wasn't going to be resolved in a normal way a family feud would... they were Runnels after all, one things they didnt do was normal.