A Light Among The Darkness?

As the drive went on,  Nova and Marc were learning a lot about each other and were quickly showing each other sides of their personalities not many had seen, but as they spoke, there was still a subject Marc wanted to bring up, but he didn't know how to approach such a hard subject , however Nova being Nova picked up on the slight atmosphere surprisingly quickly and said to him, sipping her water, knowing exactly what his question was that he wanted to ask " you can ask you know, I'm not gonna bite your head off, you wouldnt be the only person to ask me ". In shock, he looked over at the beauty sitting with him out of the corner of his eye and smiled before asking "what happened to make you take this path?  Stuff I have read, you were Dusty's princess", Nova sighed and replied, fighting back the tears thinking about her dad " I always wanted to be like him, the wrestler he was, the mentor he was to people, he was my idol, still is to this day. I was young when Cody got signed, I remember i'd watched him and Dustin from home and knew what they were doing was what I wanted to do, I wanted to follow in my dads footsteps. As I got older and the longer they were there , it just seemed like the Rhodes/Runnels name was seen less as a legacy and more of a joke if that makes any sense" to which Marc nodded, thinking about Cody and his Stardust character while following the Sat Nav and getting concerned about where this woman was living. Still confused, he then asked "so if you were the princess, how did you even get trained by anyone other the legends that would've been around you growing up. The connections your family has, I would of thought  you would've had your pick". Feeling herself feeling emotions she hadn't thought in a while, she replied, while looking out the window trying to fight back emotions "I was sneaky, I didnt want the special handouts because I was a Rhodes or a Runnels. No one knew I was training, they thought I was going on night outs, or attending camps for one of the many activities Cody had persuaded my dad to make me do to get me away from his precious sport, Swimming, Gymnastics, Dance I did them all, but I still wanted to be in the ring competing with a passion. They didnt find out until about a year into my training where it was I was actually going. I would get in my car or a Friday night and drive out of state, sofa surf, train and then come back on a Sunday evening. I should be greatful to Cody really, If I didnt have constant practise for sports teams , I wouldnt of had an excuse for where I was going. It wasnt until Uncle Martin Visted the school, that the shit hit the fan and everyone found out.

***FLASHBACK***

Sneaking through the door, back from another weekend of training, Nova was thankful that everyone seemed to be in bed, albeit earlier than normal. As the feeling of smugness washed over her that she had gotten away with her secret again, Nova slowly started making her way upstairs to get into bed, tired from the drive and training . As she got halfway up the stairs, suddenly the light in the lounge area turned on, and there stood her parents, plus Cody and her Uncle Martin, the looks on their faces were enough to send the most Vicious of dogs into retreat. Trying to feign innocence, Nova walked in and focused on her dad, knowing he was going to be her best bet in getting away with it and she said, as sweetly as she possibly could, pulling all of her 'daddy's baby girl, moves out of her arsenal, knowing she was his princess and she could get away with murder "Daddy, you scared me, I thought everyone was in bed,you look tired.  Uncle Martin.. what a surprise I thought you were out of town. Well, that drive has exhausted me, I am going to bed. Early start, Ill see you bright and early" and with that, she gave her dad a kiss on the cheek before attempting to walk away. As she walked away, hoping she had gotten away with it again, she suddenly heard her mother say, the Cuban in her coming out (which was always a bad sign Nova had learnt very early on in life) " Novalee Matilde Runnels, you stay exactly where you are", the tone of her voice alone, frezzing Nova to the spot. As she turned around, she heard her godfather start to talk "so an interesting thing happened today, I was seeing an old friend at a school just out of state, and he mentioned to me a Brunette girl he was training that I needed to see. Thought she had the potential to make it to the top of the big leagues, had a natural talent for the sport apparently". Hearing this,the baby Runnels could've sworn she felt the colour from her face drain "shit" Nova thought to herself, all the while trying to keep a neutral look on her face as he continued "so I thought id see for myself, as normally this friend is never wrong and you can imagine my shock when I see from a distance, my own goddaughter inside a wrestling ring, training with not only women but with men double her size. Can you imagine my embarrassment, luckily for you I covered for you and no one knows who you actually are.... yet". SIghing a breath of relief at that piece of information , Nova looked at both her godfather and her parents all the while noticing her big brother getting more and more irate by the Second, something that was making Nova happy and stated, still focusing on her father "I can explain" to which her godfather replied with a look on his face Nova was more afraid of then her mothers angry latina side and that was saying Something " I think you need to little girl". As the brunette woman took a breath ready to put her side across, she saw her brother step forward , with the same petulant look on his face he had always had and a look Novalee was greatful she hadn't inherited and say furiously " why do you have to do this Novalee, why must you make everything about you all of the time. Me and Dustin are following in Dads footsteps, Why cant you just for once accept your place in the family and not make everything a Nova sized drama. Why dont you stick to the Sports dad has put thousands of dollars into that your good at , like your dance or gymnastics and leave wrestling to us and let dad's sons make him proud ". Before anyone could say anything else, Nova bit back at her brothers egotistical and in her opinion down right sexist views and replied, her anger brewing faster than a kettle at the boil " whats the matter Cody? Is the joke of wrestling worried that his baby sister might actually be better than him. Why dont you bite me Cody. I am doing this on my own and I am good, really good, Uncle Martin has seen me obviously he can vouch for me. I am sorry I lied to you all and I am sorry that I am not doing things the way you obviously want me to but I am training, with or without your approval". As she ran upstairs, she heard her father call after her and Cody yelled back " the hell you are Novalee, get back down here , we aren't finished" "come la polla de burro, imbécil petulante" "You watch your language "she heard her mother yell after her before she slammed the door.