Romantic Fall ~ Chapter 8 ~ Dark Side of Fate [FINAL CHAPTER]

Shinsou quickly grabbed a cup of hot chocolate, before settling down next to Midoriya, watching as the rest of 1-A messed around. Iida was, as usual, chopping his hands around erratically, trying to knock some semblance of sense into his rowdy classmates, but with classmates that consisted of the Bakusquad, it clearly wasn't very effective.

"This is nice, isn't it?" Midoriya let out a small smile, before turning to Shinsou. The taller boy just looked back at him, not knowing what to say, before he nodded, "I suppose so."

While Shinsou wasn't a member of 1-A, the class had still decided to invite him since he was close to Midoriya, and it wasn't like Aizawa had said that they couldn't invite people from other classes. Plus, they were pretty sure that as long as they didn't burn down the dorms or anything like that, Aizawa wouldn't really give a shit about what they did during their Halloween party.

They watched as Bakugou chased Ashido and Sero around the bonfire that Todoroki had lit a few hours ago, and the explosive blonde was yelling about stealing his food or something like that. Tokoyami, Shoji and Koda seemed to be happy enough just sitting in a circle surrounded by candles, while Jiro and Kaminari seemed to be chatting by the food table, where Sato was having an open barbeque.

Midoriya cradled his cup of hot chocolate, letting it warm up his hands, before he took a small sip of the sweet drink, as he and Shinsou sat together in silence. Iida, Yaoyorozu, Uraraka, and Asui were chatting together, and Sero had, at some point, tied Mineta up in tape for what was probably a very obvious reason.

Shinsou gazed up, looking at the full moon that loomed over them, before he yawned, and craned his neck, hearing the familiar crackling sound that came with the action.

"Bad sleep again?" Midoriya asked, and Shinsou shrugged, before finishing up his hot chocolate, "This isn't too bad... but coffee is way better."

"It's almost midnight and you want to drink coffee?" Midoriya raised an eyebrow, "No wonder you're so sleepy all the time."

"It's not my fault." Shinsou tiredly interjected, leaning against the smaller boy, resting his chin on Midoriya's shoulder, "You know I can't sleep at night and I need to function in the day. If only they could move lessons to the night..."

"You'd rather sleep in the day. You know what, you should have dressed up as a vampire." Midoriya deadpanned, reaching up to run his fingers through Shinsou's hair, "You don't need any make up. Just some fake teeth. You'd make a great vampire pair with Eri."

"Speaking of Eri, where is she anyways?" Shinsou asked.

Midoriya gazed around, before he noticed Amajiki crouched in a corner, with Eri and Togata standing behind him, coaxing him to join the others and have fun. Hado was jumping from group to group, interrupting their conversations with random statements and laughter that made no sense, before occasionally running back to talk with Eri and Togata.

There was a shrill shriek from Ojiro as Hagakure, dressed up as a ghost, popped out from behind a potted plant to scare him, and more shouts and yelling as Ashido and Sero continued to make fun of Bakugou.

"Your class is a complete riot, getting involved in massive villain attacks and fucking around like that during your free time. How the fuck did you guys manage to not get expelled? Or like... not quit." Shinsou muttered, and Midoriya laughed, "I guess we really are a mess. We didn't want to get involved in villain attacks... but when you go to a school with a reputation like UA's... I guess we should have expected something like this to happen eventually. And sure... we're chaotic... but I guess all of us are still serious about being heroes. And you train with Aizawa-sensei, you know how he's like when it comes to expulsions."

"I suppose so." Shinsou nodded, and Midoriya turned to Shinsou, "You know... in some kind of twisted way... I'm kind of glad that UA was the one that got attacked in the USJ."

Shinsou gave Midoriya glance that no doubt meant "The fuck you talking about", and Midoriya explained, "Sure... we got a lot of negative press and reviews about getting attacked... but if the League had decided to attack another school? We were lucky that only Aizawa-sensei suffered the worst of the damage. Maybe some teachers and students would have gotten killed before they managed to chase them out. And honestly... that would be much worse than some infrastructural damage and a couple of injuries."

Shinsou rolled his eyes, "Last I heard, you broke a couple of fingers, but okay. But either way... even if no one died, there's still some kind of trauma, isn't there? Just like with the training camp, with Bakugou's kidnapping... and even with Overhaul when you rescued Eri..."

Midoriya smiled sadly, "Yeah... but at least, if you're alive, you can find a way to get over it. You can't do anything about it if you're dead."

"That's also true." Shinsou sighed, before he slid down, draping himself across Midoriya's lap.

"You really are just an oversized purple cat, aren't you?" Midoriya half-heartedly grumbled, before he leaned down, and pressed a small kiss to Shinsou's forehead, "I was wrong. You shouldn't dress up as a vampire; you should have dressed up as a cat instead."

Shinsou tilted his head upwards, smirking, "Which one is cuter; the vampire or the cat?"

"You're cuter if you don't dress up." Midoriya looked down, smiling, and Shinsou turned red. He had half expected Midoriya to start stammering about what kind of question he had just asked, but he really didn't expect Midoriya to just pull out an Uno Reverse and turn the whole situation back on him.

"You win." Shinsou let out an exasperated groan.

Midoriya's response of cute laughter was music to his ears.