14. All Smiles

Jacob walked in the door.

"Hey guys what's up." He said walking to the couch with a smile brighter than I ever seen him smile.

"Nothing much just watching tv." I said smiling brightly like usual.

The pack looked at me in awe like how the hell could I fake being so happy so easily.

"He Maddie can I talk to you?" He asked reaching his hand out for me to take.

"Sure." I said happily taking his hand and walking outside.

"So what's up?" I asked smiling.

"I lied."

Before he could finish I cut him off.

"I know." I said still with a smile.

"You do?" He asked looking at me with confusion.

"When I got here Billy was here and you said you were going to help him at the store, and before you tell me the truth I already know who you went to hang out with." I said still with a smile.

"Who was I with then?" He asked still confused.

"You were with Yolanda." I said.

"How-?" He asked before I cut him off again.

"Paul and I went to our spot and I saw you kiss her." I said still with a smile.

"I'm so sorry I-" He started before I cut him off again.

"It's ok I wasn't even mad I could care less who you hang out with whatever you do is your business not mine if you don't want to tell me then that's your choice and I have to respect that." I said smiling.

"oh" he said starring at me blankly.

I hugged him and walked back inside. I went back and sat on Paul's lap. Jacob stayed outside for a while because he got a phone call.

"How did you do that?" Emily asked in awe.

"It's easy I used to fake my smile all the time and I guess it's a talent at this point." I said with no emotion once again.

Everyone just said oh and continued to watch tv.

"Oh and another thing you guys can't tell Jake I phased." I said looking at all of them.

"I have to he is Beta and it's the rules." Sam said sadly.

"Oh ok then." I said just looking at the tv.

Jacob finally walked back in with a huge smile.

"So Jake we got a new member of the pack." Sam said happily.

"Who?" Jake asked looking around.

"Madilyn, she phased like 3 hours ago." Sam smiled.

"Oh wow." He said running to me and picking me up and hugging me.

"How come I didn't feel her." Jake asked putting me down.

"None if us can, if it wasn't for Paul we would have never of found out." Sam smiled again

"Wow that's weird." Jacob said smiling.

Jacob sat on the couch and pulled me off Paul's lap and onto his. I just let him do it because I didn't want him to find out the real reason he couldn't feel me phase. I smiled and just sat there leaning against his chest. It was about 12 now and I got up to leave.

"Bye guys." I said smiling happily.

"Oh we have patrols and your up tonight at 1." Sam smiled.

"Oh ok who's my partner?" I asked turning to Sam.

"Paul." He answered with a smile.

"Let's goooo." Paul said celebrating.

"So I guess I'll stay then." I said giggling.

"Then me and Jake are going to take over your shift at 6." Sam said looking at Jacob.

"Ok sounds good." I said walking around back to the couch.

"Well I have to go guys I'm going to get some sleep before my shift." Jacob said waving and walking out.

Then my face when dull again, no emotion nope nothing. We watched tv for another hour till it was time for me and Paul's shift.

A/N:

Let me know if I made any mistakes and I love feedback. :)