Dreams

DARKNESS SWALLOWED AROUND Alison. She was walking down some sort of hallway that ever ends. Although, it wasn't a hallway. It was more like some sort of cave. Alison had never been very fond of the dark, so she had to muster up all the bravery she had to walk through this place. The walls were fairly stretched out on either sides, giving Alison enough room to move around in. She had no absouly no idea where she was. But all she knew for certain, was that she wasn't alone.

With every footstep she took, she heard a small scuttling sound behind her. But she didn't dare ask if anyone was there, for what, would whatever was there just introduce themselves if she asked?

Of course not!

This was defiantly one of the times when she wished she had someone like, Percy or Annabeth by her side. For she knew in her heart that she was the weak one. But she was alone, so she would have to muster up all her strength and keep walking.

The hallway seemed to go on forever. Every twist and turn would lead to yet another  winding walk way.

After what seemed like hours of walking, she stopped to catch her breath. 

And that was probably one of the worst decisions of her life.

There was a loud creaking noise, echoing throughout the walkways. It was like a sound from a horror movie when a door is slowly creaking closed. Only it was 100% times louder. Alison shot up, glancing all around her surroundings. But of course, she saw nothing. For it was still dark!

But, she could faintly see a small patch of light up ahead in the distance. And that's when she realised what was actually happening.

All around her, the walls had started to move closer and closer together. In a matter of minutes, if she didn't  figure out what to do then she'd be squished like a pancake. 

Alison bit back all the fear she had stored inside of her and closed her eyes. Now focusing all her energy into the ground. She opened her eyes and saw large vines sprouting out of the ground around her feet. Making their way across both sides of the walls. 

As the room was getting smaller, Alison tried not to panic. The vines crawled their way around the walls, pushing against them. The raven haired girl stood in the middle, her arms outstretched on either side. Desperate to keep those vines in place. For they were pushing against the walls, delaying them for a matter of seconds.

But eventually, the walls pushed back against them, snapping the vines and letting them shrivel up and soak back into the earth. 

Alison dropped her arms, a bead of sweat now dripping down her forehead. The room was now getting smaller and smaller. If she didn't think of something fast, then she'd be dead in a matter of seconds!

"Help! Someone help!" She yelled out, now getting desperate.

 In the distance she noticed a silhouette of a man, watching, waiting, listening.

"Please!" She called out, tears now streaming down her face.

But it was too late. For the walls were now squeezing her sides, pressing into her so hard she wasn't able to breath. 

The world went black.

            ------

Alison woke with a jump. She was now gasping for breath and holding her sides as she tried to understand what had just happened. "It's just a dream. It's just a dream. It's just a dream." She muttered to herself for reassures.