Chapter 28

"Rock, paper, scissors!" We called out.

"Dang it!" one of us said.

"Well, well, well," the other one smirked.

Now you're probably asking, what the heck is happening? Well, today was the day the fallen angel would drag me around places.

I sighed as I walked out of the door, surprisingly my parents would be coming home later, and I was given specific instructions to keep the backdoor unlocked.

I locked it anyhow...

Then I waited for hell herself to come out. Honestly what was the worst that could happen?

Cue the rock, paper, scissors, game.

Basically we'd been walking around town when Yohane thought of a "Brilliant idea".

We'd play rock, paper, scissors. If she won, I would be her little demon for the day. If I won, we could just go home.

Now let me tell you something... WHO THE HELL THROWS SCISSORS EVERY GOD DANG SINGLE TIME?! I don't know if it's her being dumb or her being smart... but I lost the best of three game...

"So little demon number nine, would you like to be mine?" she rhymed.

"It's only for a day, and why the hell are you rhyming?" I told her.

"Too bad for you, a day in hell is a thousand years..." she laughed.

"A thousand- Wait we're not even in hell!" I yelled a bit too loud as people were eyeing me.

"Calm down, we're just going to go do things around the town..." 

"I hope we don't go around terrorizing kids..." I sighed. "Actually it'd be a lot more fun than what the others have been making me do."

"You've only been hanging out with other little demons... it's time for  you to step it up and hang out with the fallen angel herself!" she posed.

"Yay..." I said sarcastically. "So what do we do first?"

She brought me to the park, where there were a ton of kids playing around.

"Wait..." I said, "There's no way we're actually... right?"

"Stop asking questions..." she told me. "Little children! You all know what day it is correct?"

"It's Ms. Yohane!" a kid answered.

"She's come again!" another kid said.

"She's so awesome!"

What the- 

I don't even know what to say. 

"Today is Sunday! Which means your fallen angel has come back!" she posed.

The kids cheered and even the parents cheered. 

"Eh?" I said very confused. "Why is everyone cheering?" I asked one of the parents.

"She entertains our kids, she claims she's a fallen angel, but doesn't ask our children to be little demons. So that's alright with us." she explained.

"..." I have absolutely nothing to say to that. Other than "EH?!" 

She beckoned me to take a seat, "Watch, she's incredible at keeping our kids entertained." she pointed.

At this point the fallen angel Yohane, Satan's right hand angel, had stooped to an all time low. She was playing with little children!

She would lead them around the park, to the playground, encourage them to try new things. Helping kids overcome their fears such as going down the slide.

It showed a softer side to her demeanor. She was definitely not one I thought would be this way. I decided to sit back and watch. 

This went on for a little while until she stopped and said, "Little demon number nine, you need to help these kids now!"

"Who? Oh she's talking to me..." I said as I got up. 

"Mister?" one of the kids asked.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Are you the fallen angel's girlfriend?" he asked.

"No..." I answered.

"That's what I thought, you're not good enough for her." he said as he ran off to keep playing.

I felt as though I had been stabbed. 

That was harsh.

And from a little kid... I'd expect this from Dia or Riko, but a six year old kid. Did my life have anymore meaning?

Anyways we played for a little longer and by then the kids were getting a little tired. By the evening I was now known no longer as little demon nine, I was now as Yohane's right hand demon.

I hope their parents don't get concerned when they start talking about demons. 

It was just Yoshiko and I. We were in the park, the sun was setting. The kids had gone home as it was getting a little cold. The holidays were beginning once again.

"Hey Yoshiko?"

"Yeah? And it's Yohane!" she pouted.

"Sorry, why do you like to spend time with little kids?" I questioned.

"I never had siblings. I've always wanted some, so I decided one day back at my old town I'd befriend the children there." she replied, "Then when we came here I did the same."

I nodded, "Yeah playing with kids is always fun, tell me about your old school." 

"Well, as you know already this whole Yohane thing is strange to people." she said.

"Yes, yes it is." I responded, 

"Shut up! I didn't give you permission to talk!" she commanded, "Everyone thought I was strange at the beginning, and I didn't stick around to try see whether they were just shocked or they hated me. I stopped going to school and would just stay locked up in my room."

"Ah I see..."

"At least until I came back to school one day to talk to a teacher, when Hanamaru grabbed me. She brought me over to the other girls and the rest is history." she smiled.

"What a cliché anime moment." I laughed.

"You act like you don't have those in your life either." she raised an eyebrow

"You're right, nine girls move next door... which one will he choose." I said in a voice in an anime ad.

"Speaking of that." she stretched, "Which one are you going to choose?" 

"Eh?" 

"We may not have much time left, each day we have to make a choice, are we gonna make the most of it? Or will we just let it slide? " she said all wise, "Your best bets right now in my opinion are Riko, You, Ruby, and Hanamaru." 

"What do you mean we may not have much time left?" I asked, Ruby said something weird yesterday.

"I don't know, we don't know what tomorrow will bring. If you're implying that we know something you don't, we don't. I can tell you that much, at the very least we would tell you if something's up." she smiled.

"Then why-" I began, "No you're right... let's take it one day at a time!"

Sometimes we need to take it one day at a time. Not looking to the future too far, because we never know if tomorrow will come. Don't live today for tomorrow because tomorrow might not come.

Thank you all for reading! I hope that you all liked it! Hopefully I'll get the next chapter up soon! Also thank you all for almost 4k reads! I love you all and I hope you keep safe during this pandemic!

Michigan is on another 3 week lockdown so ya boy will be doing school and wattpad for most of the time lol... k love you! Bye!