Part LXXVIII - "Who am I?"

I felt nauseous and. . . disgustingly used. The idea of Elijah using me merely to fill his own sexual needs made me want to vomit. If I had anything in my system, no doubt I would have thrown it up by now. Instead I fought to keep my acid reflux under control.

"So now what?" I breathed

"So now what?" I breathed. "What do we do now?"

"We go on as before."

My eyes narrowed at my reflection with the same look of confusion I had worn all night. How the hell did she expect me to pretend to go on being this man's secretary when I now know the truth?

"Elijah can't suspect that anything has changed since the last time you two were together," she commented.

The last time we were together. Those few hours now felt like months. But, Mia was right. Elijah may not be the man he says he is, but there was one thing I knew for sure. He was still highly observant. If anyone were to notice something wrong with me, it would be him. No pressure.

"So, I'm going to play his dotting, little secretary. And you're going to do what exactly?"

"He has two appointments tomorrow. While he's busy, you're going to email our mysterious friend." The air felt heavy in my lungs.

"Who even is this person?" I asked in exasperation. "Do they also work for this Zachary guy you mentioned?"

"They used to. But not anymore." Mia gestured towards the bed. "Try and sleep. The last thing we need is for Elijah to be getting suspicious about us."

Sleep? How in the hell was I going to get any sleep after everything that has finally been revealed to me? My god. I felt wired and fully awake while my body physically ached from exhaustion.

I wanted to curl up in the corner of the room and scream at the top of my lungs at the same time. I was nauseous from the sea of overriding emotions swimming inside of me. Anger. Sadness. Confusion. Fear.

Everything I had tried to build up, piece together - everything I fought to gain control over shattered to the floor like glass

Everything I had tried to build up, piece together - everything I fought to gain control over shattered to the floor like glass. Nothing was as it seemed. Not even my own identity was real.

I glanced back at the mirror for split second. Mia was not there. Instead I actually caught a glimpse of my myself for the first time. And I had no idea who I was looking back at me.

"Who am I?"

End of Part 2