-Chapter 3-

(Pikachu's POV)

      I heard some noise, and somehow I knew who it was. "Pikachu?" I heard Eevee's soft voice say. I didn't feel like talking, but I couldn't just leave her hanging like that.

      "What do you want." I said. I heard her shuffle on the ground. She seemed lost for words. I decided to sit up and face her. Eevee was looking at me with sad eyes. Did she feel... pity for me? She cleared her thought. "Pikachu... what happened between you and Ash?" she asked slowly.

      I looked away. She didn't need to know. I began tearing up a little bit. "Please...I need to know." I snapped. "NO YOU DON'T!!" I ran out of the room. "PIKACHU!! WAIT!!" Eevee was right on my heals. 

      Tears were streaming down my face. I kept on running, not daring to see if she was still following me. No one should ever know what happened.

A while later...

       I stopped. I sniffed the air. No trace of Eevee nearby. Or at least, I don't think so. I suddenly felt a pang of guilt for yelling at her like that. She was only trying to help. But she didn't know how I felt, and I didn't feel like taking therapy class. Arrrrgh.

       I iron tailed a tree in half. And then a few more. I was in the middle of a snowy forest, and only the smell of damp snow hit my nose. 

       I sighed and sat down. I wasn't angry at Ash. I was angry at myself. I failed him. We had worked so hard. And I failed him.

(Flashback)

       Ash looked like a Shelder. Looking hard and serious on the outside. But on the inside, I knew he was feeling terrible and sad. And I was too. "Pikachu... that battle..." he sighed. 

       Ash normally wouldn't take a loss this seriously, but he had recently made a promise to Greninja that he would win this battle for him. Greninja was still recovering at the Lumiose Pokemon Center from a previous battle, and he had really wanted to battle this one.

        Well, I told Greninja that for sure, we wouldn't lose. And too ensure that, we trained extra hard. Day and night. We fought everyone's Pokemon. I won all the times. Then the time finally came. The time of the gym battle. And we lost. I broke the promise to Greninja. And I feel so dissapionted with myself. 

         "Pikachu." Ash said again. "You know, I don't think we would've won anyway." he said. I looked at him. Ash was never like this. He never faked to be happy when he was crumbling inside. He turned at me and smiled, and I could tell his smile was forced. "You know what, I think we weren't good enough. We've never won a league, no matter how much we train." this definitely wasn't Ash. "Maybe... we should... stop." he said.

          I couldn't believe my ears. Quit his dream? Is he crazy? This is your fault. I knew it. "Maybe I can't train you right. I bet you'd be a lot stronger with a trainer that wasn't me." he said, his fake smile finally fading. Tears were being brought up to my eyes.

 Tears were being brought up to my eyes

        No, that wasn't true. Ash was the best trainer I ever had. And the only one. I'd never wish for anyone different. 

       "You know, there's a lot of other stuff I could try. Be a Pokemon Professor, harness my Aura powers..." he sighed. "Pikachu, find a trainer who will train you. Make you stronger. I'm not suited to be you're trainer." he said, smiling sadly. 

        "NO!! I NEED YOU ASH!!" I said, sobbing. I jumped up onto his shoulder and tried nuzzling him. But he only smiled, picked me up and sat me back on the bed. 

        "Goodbye, Pikachu. Tell everyone I'm not coming back. My last hope for you is that you find a better trainer then me." then he left the room and didn't come back. "ASH!!" I yelled and tried to run after him but he was already gone. No. This is all your fault. All yours. All yours... 

(End of flashback)

        Remembering that fateful moment only made me feel worse. Ash. I couldn't believe he was gone. And I didn't know where in the world he was. I began practicing all my moves. I wanted to prove Ash wrong. I wanted to show him that I was a strong Pokemon, and it was all because of him.

         I was picking fights with some of the locals, and I trained hard. Going up against some of the tougher Pokemon. They were beating me up pretty good, but I gave a strong fight back, and was able to make quite a few flee. 

         But I made a bad decision to trifle with a Tyrantrum, who was apparently the "guardian" of this part of the forest. We fought for a good while, but I had begun to get tired, and I was losing my edge.

         "Time for you to get out of here, pipsqueak." he roared, ready to give the final blow. 

         I wasn't in the best condition, either, so this blow could really shatter me up. I was going to dodge, but apparently my foot got stuck in a tree root stuttering out from the ground. I tried to move but couldn't. I closed my eyes, ready for the blow...... and then nothing happened.

         I was confused at first. The Tyrantrum wouldn't just stop his attack. Then I looked in front of me and what I saw was shocking. It was Eevee! 

         She was using all she could and formed a protect, a very useful attack to say the least. "Eevee...what are you doing here." I said weakly. "No time to chat, Pikachu. I'm getting you back to Serena and the others." I was too weak to respond. And my eyes slowly flitted shut. 

(Serena's POV)

         I was so worried. About Ash and Eevee and Pikachu. I hoped they came back soon and unharmed. Suddenly I saw what looked like Eevee dragging a weak and unconscious Pikachu across the road. 

         I gasped. "OH MY GOSH! WHAT HAPPENED!" I ran over to both of them. "Ee-veee.." Eevee, said, pawing at Pikachu's leg, then she fell on me in exhaustion. I began petting her slowly, then took a look at Pikachu's leg.

         I was startled by what I saw. His leg had a thousand cuts, almost as if it was from a tree. "Pikachu are you ok? And.." I gulped. "and where's Ash?" Pikachu flutted his eyes open. He shook his head a small bit. "Pi..ka..." he said. "You..don't know?" I said, slowly. Then it felt like the whole world was crashing down on me. No. NO!

         "CLEMONT! BONNIE! ASH IS GONE!!!"

(AN: BOOM! Where's Ash? How will everyone react? What will happen between Pikachu and Eevee? Will they finally realize they have feelings for each other? Welp, that's chapter 3! Tell me what you think! Insectivore's coming, don't worry. It'll be in the next chapter.)

Until then,

           ~Orange Cat