'i didn't think you were a dog person Ransom' - Ransom Drysdale x Reader

Warnings: pure and utter fluff. Soft!Ransom for the win. Mentions of Ransom eating you out, VERY briefly.

Summary: Ransom is a reformed character since he has gotten out of prison, and you both are excited for the homecoming of your new puppy, having turned Ransom into a dog person after years of hating the dogs kept at the Thrombey Manor. (Yes it is inspired by the video of Chris holding the puppy in his IG story because I am so 🥺🥺🥺 for it!)

Word Count: 1.6k

Pairing: Ransom Drysdale x Reader

*:·゚✧*:·゚✧

You knew that Ransom was a murderer when you met him one day in his favourite coffee shop. It was big news when it was revealed that he had a hand in is grandfather's, Harlan Thrombey's, death on the night of his 85th birthday party. That didn't scare you away though, not like it scared everyone else away, because who would want to be associated with a killer? That is what made him more appealing to you, plus you liked a challenge.

Ransom wasn't one to fall in love, he was a lone wolf as he thought, sleep with countless women each week with no regrets or fears in the world. That was what he was like, before prison, and before you. You stepped into his life when he needed someone on his side the most. His family disowned him when they found out that he was responsible for Harlan's death. They cut him off immediately when the judge sentenced him to prison, luckily he was able to get out, somehow on good behaviour. Most likely because he kept to himself and stayed away from inmates that he could tell were trouble. It wasn't like his family liked him on the best of times, but having no one at all on his side was very isolating to him.

Ransom saw you as his saviour that day in the coffee shop, when you asked if it was okay to sit with him as all the other tables were taken. Ransom couldn't seem to say no to you, you were beautiful in his eyes, and he knew straightaway that he had to make you his. Not in a possessive way for once, but in a loving way. For once he was able to see a future where he could settle down with someone and have a family, despite his past.

That was 6 months ago, Ransom had moved in with you when he had to sell his house as he had no more money to pay for it, since he wasn't able to go to his family for help anymore. Linda told him the day he got sent down that he was 'no son of hers' anymore and you knew that affected Ransom more that it had than when he had to beg you for help.

Living with Ransom was better than you expected, if prison taught him something, it was to be a lot more grateful for everything in his life. He started pulling his weight around the house, while you were at work he would tidy the house and make sure that something was in the oven by the time you got home. During this time, you found out that Ransom was an amazing cook, and also that he loved to treat you (which you did not mind at all). You also found out that Ransom hated dogs, which made you a little sick to your stomach, because how could someone hate dogs, especially puppies? Ransom did explain that his hate towards dogs was due to the ones his parents and grandfather had at the Manor, they were too loud and boisterous for him. He didn't like them jumping up at him either, so there was that.

Since finding out that your boyfriend hated dogs, it was now your mission to get him to like them as you had always planned to get a rescue puppy, plus you had been planning on getting one long before you even met Ransom and started dating.

*:·゚✧*:·゚✧

You hold the small puppy to your chest as you unlock the door to your house, shielding it from the harsh November wind that downtown Boston had to offer today. You glance at your boyfriend's beamer parked in the driveway next to your little Fiat 500 that you had just locked. He was home. It was now or never regarding the little puppy in your arms.