'you need me more...' - Chris Evans x Reader

Warnings: none, fluff centric as always

Summary: you are having a bad day and Chris tries to make you feel better

Word Count: 1.3k

Pairing: Chris Evans x Reader

*:·゚✧*:·゚✧

Your day had been the absolute worse, and you just wanted to get into bed and sleep the rest of the night away. It had started when you woke up late because you had forgot to set your alarm, you forgot some of the key notes for one of your meetings, having been looking over them when you got home from the night before, your car broke down on the way home from work and your phone was close to dying when the breakdown truck had turned up. Your day could not have been worse, so you were ready to just get home.

You step inside the door slowly, closing your eyes as you lean back against it, sighing lightly. You open your eyes slowly as you hear the pitter patter of your dog's footsteps on the hardwood floor. Dodger appeared from around the corner, you couldn't help but smile, sliding down to the floor to greet him. You were glad to see him after the day that you had.

You kiss Dodger's head, stroking his fur slowly, watching his tail wag at your touch. "Where's your dadda bub? Where's daddy?" You mumble, scared to raise your voice in case it would break and you would start crying about your day before you got the comfort you needed from your husband.

Dodger walks towards one of the downstairs offices, your husband's to be exact and you clamber off the floor quietly to follow him. Kicking your shoes off as you go, hanging your coat up on the coat rack. Dodger walks into the room, laying at your husband's feet as he was engrossed in his laptop, fingers typing away as he answered his emails.

You paused at the door, a very small smile gracing your lips as you watched him. His wedding band catching the light ever now and again as his fingers raced across the keyboard. You were so proud of him, he has been able to help so many people with the launch of ASP, to be able to have discussions with politicians that would help citizens make their decisions on who to vote for in the election. You notice a new addition to his desk, a framed photo of the both of you from your wedding day, 2 months ago, the smile becoming a little wider when you notice it.

That fades when you remember the day you have and you can't help but stand timidly in the door of your husband's office. Dodger whines a little, looking at you with his large eyes, his noise catching Chris' attention. He looks down at the dog before following Dodger's gaze over to you.

"Baby," He smiles before it fades from his face as he notices the tears in your eyes and the way you are pulling your sweater sleeves over your hands. "W-what's wrong?" He asks, getting up quickly, nearly tripping over Dodger as he makes no attempt to move for Chris.

You shake your head quickly and hides your face in your hands quickly, feeling the cool metal of your engagement ring and wedding band through your sweater. In sickness and in health...till death do us part... That was the promise made by both you and Chris on your wedding day, you knew that you couldn't lie about how bad your day has been even though you know it will be fie eventually and seems very small in the grand scheme of things.

"Come on princess, I can't have my wife crying on me and not tell me the reason why she is so upset..." He says, wrapping his arms round, pulling him against his chest. Worry seeping from every part of him as he kisses your head comfortingly.

"My day has been the worst..." You mumble, wipe your eyes and nose on your sweater sleeve, grimacing at the snot that is left there before looking up at Chris. He doesn't even bat an eyelid at the mess you have just made on your sweater, he was more concerned about you right now.

He has a soft, comforting smile on your face. "Why don't you tell me about it? And I will see how I can make your day better, yeah?" He offers to you as he reaches up to stroke your cheeks, catching the tears you missed with his thumbs.

You look up at Chris and a smile that matches his makes its way onto your lips, he always had this effect on you. No matter what was wrong, he was able to make you smile. Just like in this moment.

"But you're busy..." You mumble and glance towards his laptop that is open on the unfinished email that he was writing when you had interrupted him in writing. You look back up at him and wrap your arms round him slowly, just needing to be near him right now and needing his comfort.

"That can wait, you need me more..." He says before quickly walking over to his laptop, saving the email as a draft so he can come back to it tomorrow before turning it off completely. He smiles softly at you and wraps his arms round your waist, kissing your head again. He leads you to the couch in the living room, closing the door to his office behind you both as Dodger lays on his bed under the window.

You cuddle into Chris' side, telling about what made your day so bad, his hand rubbing comforting circles on your back as he tried to keep you calm throughout the story. "Baby, I am so sorry that your day was so bad, I will get someone to come out and check your car over tomorrow..." He says and kisses your temple, a soft smile gracing your lips.

"You are the best you know that right?" You whisper as Chris pulls a blanket round you, noticing that you were shivering slightly as you look up into your husband's blue eyes.

"I think you are talking about the wrong person there beautiful, because it is you who is the best, and I know that today wasn't the best for you, but I promise no matter how bad your day is, I am always here for you because I love you so much..." He says, stroking your cheek slowly as he presses a kiss to your forehead, your eyes close at the contact. "And I want you to know that I am proud of you, proud of who you are and what you do, you go out into the world everyday, during a fucking pandemic and still deliver to your company in a way that many people probably wouldn't do during the year that we have had... You are bloody amazing babe and please do not let this single day weigh you down. You have got me, Dodge, hell, even the whole of my family to speak to if you need to talk to after a bad day. I am here for you and I always will be, like I promised in our wedding vows." Chris says gently, the sincerity in his eyes boring into your soul as you don't know what to say to him.

Tears well up in your eyes, but instead of them being tears of sadness, they are tears of happiness. You sit up and hug your husband tightly before smiling at you.

"I don't deserve you Chris..." You whisper as he wipes your tears away again for the second time that day.

"Its me who doesn't deserve you babe...' He says softly as you shake your head, smiling at how long this argument could go on for so you just pull him in for a tight hug. Grateful for having a husband who would drop everything to make you feel better about your terrible day.

*:·゚✧*:·゚✧