B3/C11

•••••

Logan 

Around lunchtime the next day I finally came down the stairs, I saw my parents and James sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch. "Hi sweety, there is some lunch up on the counter for you," my mother says, I nodded my head but I wasn't hungry. I went straight for the coffee. I could feel their eyes on me as I poured myself a cup of coffee, adding milk, I took it outside with me. I sat on one of the wooden chairs as Razor came over to greet me, I rubbed his head in hello. 

All morning I tossed and turned going over what my father had told me, yesterday it had made me sick to think that but now I was just angry. When I heard someone walk out the back door I kept my eyes on Razor when I saw from the corner of my eye, my father took a seat on the chair near mine. "Did you do it while you were in high school?" I asked my father. While he was in high school he used to be on the team.

"No, they never did that sort of thing back then. It's only recently they started to do that." He tells me. I felt my hands turn into fists before I shook my head as he went on to explain to me how he had found out about it all. Apparently, he overheard some off duty police officers talking about a similar case to mine, a young high school girl getting found in a field, beaten, bloody and sexually assaulted but, of course, they couldn't bring in the people that had done it. They had been told to keep quiet about it, they were even paid a lot of money to do so. 

By the time he was finished, I felt sick again. I felt like my stomach was turning around. My father had left me sitting in the chair by myself with Razor lying by my feet. It felt like I was about to have a panic attack once again, so I closed my eyes and laid my head back against the chair, going through the excuses that my therapist had told me about. Count to 10, breath in through your nose out through your mouth. 

An hour later I was back in my room again but this time I was packing my bag to head home. Today was the last day that we were staying here since I had to get back to work early tomorrow morning. I carry my bag downstairs seeing James standing by the door waiting for me, I hand him my bag and hug my parents goodbye before walking out into the drizzle of rain that has started to roll in. A storm was coming. You could smell it in the air and you could see it in the sky with dark clouds. 

********

For a week I didn't stop working. I was still at the hospital, checking on my patients when I walked into my office, I saw a bunch of flowers sitting on my desk. Grabbing the card from the top I saw it was Mitchell, feeling a shiver go down my spine I grabbed the flowers and threw them into the bin. When I pulled into the driveway a few hours later I saw a motorcycle sitting there, I saw Whiskey stand up from the porch when I grabbed my bag and got out of the car. "What are you doing here?" I cringed when it sounded demanding, I sighed "sorry I didn't mean to sound like that." I tell him but he shakes his head with a small smile on his face.

"You've had a rough few weeks," he says as I walk up the steps, I unlock my door before he follows me inside. Switching the lights on as I head towards the kitchen. Grabbing two beers I headed back towards the living room, I gave Whiskey the bottles before heading towards the bedroom to change. "How was the rest of the week away?" He asked me.

"Wish that it went faster," I told him once I was done, I couldn't help but see him swallow hard as I took a seat next to him. I changed into shorts and a buggy off the shoulder shirt, letting my hair down.

"Why… why's that?" He asked me, handing me a beer. 

"Let's just say I found out something I wish I didn't"

"Is that why your brother called me to see if I've seen you?" 

I sighed, rubbing my forehead "I guess so, I'm sorry I made you worry" I tell him before taking a sip of my beer. "Enough about that, what has been happening around here?" I asked as I turned to face him. 

"Not a lot really, just been on a few runs you know how it is" I felt like he was holding back something as I watched him, he was picking at the label. I hummed and took a sip of my beer but before I could say anything else he spoke once again "my sister is in town" 

"That's good, isn't it? I mean you have been trying to reach out" 

"Yeah 4 years ago… but I've stopped since then. She came to the clubhouse asking for help, asking for money." He sighs, running a hand over his face before looking at me "Twitch did a background check on Mitchell, Hawk asked him to" he tells me, I tense up at the name but Whiskey grabs my hand, squeezing it "His my sister's boyfriend."

I snapped my eyes to his, I was a little confused "how?"

"It seems they went to the same rehab together but when I saw Dana it looked like she was using again."

"Did she come alone?" I asked him, making him nod his head yes. I bite my lip wondering if I should say something but I couldn't help it, "he's been sending me flowers at work" it came out as a mumble but I knew he could hear me. When my eyes looked into him, he knew I was a little scared. Whiskey reached up and stroked my cheek as I leaned into his touch.

"He will not hurt you, I promise" somehow once again I believed he would keep me safe. We leaned towards each other as his hand slipped around to the back of my neck and pulled me towards him, our lips touched oh so gently before we pulled away from each other but one little touch, just one and it sparked something between us. As my eyes looked between his eyes, he was doing the same thing until we slammed our lips together into a heated kiss.

•••••
--------
Enjoy!