|41| Opening Ceremony

Universal P.O.V.

I am so excited for the ceremony to start! I'm going to see the tributes for the first time ever in person!

It's 7:55, so it should be starting in five minutes. I honestly don't know who I'm routing for! All of the districts have such an interesting mix.

As I read the bulletin I was handed, I hear the music boom through the loudspeakers.

The winner from last year, Sky Swirl, is first to come out. She's wearing a simple white dress with matching white heels. She wears her sheath of knives across her chest, the ones that she won last years games with. Her blonde hair is pulled up into a neat, braided pony-tail. On the back of her dress is the letter 8, representing the district she came from. She waves and smiles at the crowd, putting her shiny teeth and dimples on display.

When she nears the end of the runway, I hear the announcer say, "District 7!" I turn to the front and watch the tributes come out.

The district 7 tributes are dressed as sexy lumberjacks, which has been an oldie but goodie costume throughout the years.

The girls are wearing short, ripped denim shorts and matching dark green flannels that goes up to their belly button. They're also wearing high-heeled brown boots, which goes up to their knees. Their hair is tied up in a messy bun on the top of their heads, wrapped with a dark green bandana around the bun.

The boys have a similar look, the only difference is that they're wearing ripped jeans and a matching flannel. Their flannel is regular length with the sleeves rolled up. Their hair is messed up in a sexy way. I can hear all the girls screaming "Levi and Ben!"

All five of them have a fake hatchet that they're carrying over their shoulders, which makes them look really tough. As their carriage passes, the announcer calls out the next group.

"District 8!"

District 8 looks a little strange. They're wearing patched up, loose clothing. The patches are all different colors and designs, making them look like hippies. The twins are wearing light blue, ripped skinny jeans and the boys are wearing brown dress pants. Their shirts are short sleeved, baggy, and just plain weird. They're definitely not going to be remembered.

"District 9!"

District 9 doesn't look that great, but it's not as bad as the last one. The girls are wearing overalls with a faded yellow long-sleeve under. Their hair is very well done though. Their stylists seemed to twist some braids that run across the back of their heads. The only boy, Jakob, is wearing the same thing, only with a short-sleeve black t-shirt underneath. He has a pitchfork in one hand and the other hand in his pocket.

Next up is District 10.

This one is interesting. They're dressed as farm animals, only in normal clothes. Brooklyne is wearing a short, sleeveless dress with a cow design. She's wearing black boots that complements the dress. She looks fantastic!

Isabelle is dressed up as a piglet. She's wearing a dress, similar to Brooklyn's, but only with different shades of pink to get the look of a pig. She's wearing black and white shoes to resemble the feet of a pig.

Titus is dressed more or less like a fish. He has no shirt on with pants that display fish in clear blue water. Wait! There must be something special about it, because the images start to move, as if we're actually watching fish swim! That's so cool!

Alexander is dressed similar to goat. His pants are just plain black, but his t-shirt is a mixture of white and cream colors. And I think there's a bit of fuzz around the neck area, adding more to the effect.

Andrew is dressed like a bison. He's wearing an all brown outfit, except his shirt is wool and his pants aren't. The shirt is a lighter brown and his pants are a darker brown.

Together, District 10 looks impressively like farm animals in human form.

"District 11!"

Even though District 11 is mainly boys, they manage to pull off a cute look.

Amalia, the only girl, is wearing a long simple dress, with sunflowers all over it. Her hair is down with a cute, flowery hair clip.

The boys are all wearing the same design. Even though the outfit is simple, it fits District 11. They're wearing a plain white dress shirt with their sleeves rolled up. It doesn't look stiff, but the material seems to just flow over their bodies. And then they're wearing tan skinny jeans with short, black boots. Their hair is combed back, held together with some gel. They look relieved that they didn't have to wear some ridiculous costume.

"District 12!"

Wow, is the only word to describe how I feel right now. They're incredible! The edges of the chariot is on fire and their standing in the middle of it. Snow is wearing a tight black jumpsuit that suits her well. She wears matching black laced boots and there's a little bit up black makeup on her face, making her look like she's been working in the mine. Her hair is in a perfect messy ponytail.

The guys have similar black smudges on their faces. They're wearing slightly worn out black boots along with ripped black pants and a sleeveless black undershirt. If their stylists wanted them to look bad, they definitely failed! The messiness of District 12 is what makes it so realistic that it's perfect. And the fire adds a huge effect!

Last but not least is District 13. By far, they are the worst looking district. They're all wearing a plain white t-shirt. The girls are wearing a short black skirt and the guys are wearing denim shorts. None of them are smiling or waving. They all look so colorless and normal. Talk about boring!

When all the chariots come to a stop, I see President Snow up above with some of the sponsors. The crowd erupts in cheers and he grins.

"Welcome! Welcome, tributes! We'd like to thank you for your honor and sacrifice. Happy hunger games! And may the odds be ever in your favor..."