01

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Click.

A hand lifts from hitting the button to switch off the alarm clock. Then the lifting her head up from her pillow was Valerie Scott. Her hair was an absolute mess as she blows some out from her face.

She groans as she forces herself out of bed.

She stretches her arms up as she walks towards her bathroom. She halts in front of her bathroom and huffs and exhausted breathe as she stares at her reflection.

She takes a quick hot shower to wash away the prior day's stress and pent up frustration from work. She exits the bathroom with a yellow button down tank top, white skinny jeans, and yellow flats. She had her hair in a ponytail braid.

She grabs her phone, purse, and keys before exiting her apartment. She walked through her apartment building, and towards the lobby. She looks outside and exhales a fresh breathe of the air in National City.

Valerie was lucky enough to live five minutes from work, so she wouldn't have to be too worried about sleeping in. That being said, since her boss knows that, she expects Valerie in on time.

She walks into Catco Worldwide Meida. She was thankful her mother got her in for an interview here, seeing as Cat Grant are long time friends.

She was greeted by a few people who sort of knew her, and she respectfully said hi back. She got into the elevator, and was hoping it would close before anyone got on.

"Hold the elevator," A familiar voice says.

Valerie then sees an arm stick through as the elevator door was about to shut. Stepping in as the doors reopen was none other than Winn Schott. He was carrying two coffees in his hands.

"Winn," Valerie smiles, "Morning."

"Good morning, Val." He gives her a soft smile, "Jeez, I called for you at least twice but you ignored me."

Winn pressed the level button as the door shuts. He leans against the back of the wall like Valerie.

"Sorry, guess I'm still tired." Valerie says, "Forgot to get myself a coffee."

Winn chuckles, "How is it you live the closest and always seems to forget to get yourself coffee?" He says and offers her one, "Here, I got you one."

Valerie smiles at him, "I take advantage of our friendship, do I?" She says.

Winn nods while laughing, "Yeah, a whole lot." He says, "But you're welcome."

Valerie smiles softly as she turns her head away from him for a moment. There was a tense moment between them, that it seems Winn didn't even notice.

Valerie glanced at Winn and noticed he was checking his emails on his phone. She looked forward at the numbers of floors they were traveling.

It has been three years of working together. Three years of being friends. And yet, Valerie has never told Winn what she always wanted to tell him.

"Did you hear about what happened last night?" Winn asks.

Valerie looks at him, "No. What happened?"

"There was an armored car robbery last night. There were no witnesses expect a homeless man guy who swears he saw the prep have horns." Winn says.

Valerie grins and shakes her head, "A guy with horns?"

Winn nods, "Yeah. Like on his head. They're out there, Val. Aliens."

Valerie couldn't help but laugh a little, "Aliens?" She looks at him, "Have you been binging X-Files again?"