Chapter12 : The Beach (Mini Chapter)

Crystal

As the sun started to set, my nerves started to get worse. Tommorrow we had an afternoon flight on Michael's jet back to Californina. I wasn't upset that Michael wanted me to stay with him. And I didn't want to refuse his offer after I seen the look in his eyes. He stood his ground and besides Lizzie standing her ground for me, everytime Marcus put his fucking hands on me. But this time a man who I would have never imagined stood his ground before me and I liked that about him.

We walked by a few people who was admiring the sunset and some rollerblading on the sidewalk. We walked holding hands and I was fond by it. He made me feel so secure and warm on the inside until we made it to the sands. The sun had the most perfect spot. Michael had his towel and I had mine as we found the perfect spot to lay our towels and sit down.

Michael

As we sat down, I reached for Monica's hand again and she gladly accepted it. I was falling for her more and more for her. I wanted to reassure her that she was in good hands. I couldn't help but notice a faded black and purple mark on her back. I got mad easily just looking at it. This man is asking for his death wish and I am bound to be that man to kill him.

"Monica?" I said.

She looked at me with those pretty brown eyes of hers.

"Yes, Michael." She said.

"I know that I was being kinda harsh in the elevator but I mean what I say. I want you to come back with me." I said.

"Where would you take me that is safe and to where he can't locate me? I'm so nervous about tommorrow. But just from being this close to you, my nervousness is kinda subsiding." She said.

I looked into her eyes and I could tell she really was nervous. Her voice was a little shaky and her hand was clammy like to me. And I don't want her to be scared. Especially with me and as beautiful she is, she deserved every bit of happiness that she deserves.

"You remember before we landed and I told you that I had a ranch?" I said.

She smiled, "Yes I remember."

"I named it Neverland. And its deep in California. I own the house. I have a petting zoo, horses, carnival, everything to fulfill a child's dream." I said, "Its my place of solitude and comforting peace."

"Oh, that's a beautiful name! So, I'm guessing by you saying "a child's dream" you didn't have a good childhood? I'm not asking to much in your business am I?" She asked.

"Oh no! Don't worry your not. But no I didn't have a childhood. Long story. I'll have to tell you about it one day." I said.

"Your just like me then, Michael! Haha similarities already!! But I didn't really have a childhood myself. Another long and sad story. I'll have to tell you that too.. one day." She said.

I laughed and she laughed with me!

"And yes! If Neverland is that place! I'll gladly come along. But what about work?" She asked.

"Monica, is there a such thing as work from home?" I asked.

"Oh, you can do that too?" She asked.

"Yes! How do you think the interviews were set up. I may have picked you but this is the closest I have been to you since you been working for me." I said.

"Michael, one day, do you think you would want children of your own?" She asked.

Crystal

"Of course!! I Love children!!" He said.

"Awww that's great! I do too!" I said, "The only thing was that, while me and Marcus been together, he always told me that nobody would ever want me enough to have me carry a child." I said.

Michael looked at me before responding and before I knew it, light tears started to fall from his eyes.

"Michael! Michael please don't cry. Please." I said.

As the tears kept falling. I straddled him on his lap and wrapped my arms around him. I felt his hands gently wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back.

"Monica.." he said.

"Yes Michael."

As I looked at him and dried his tears with my hands. He looked at me sincerely.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever met. I would have never in a million years, thought that you wasn't good enough to bare a child. These past few years been very good to me since you been working here and I feel like I have known you more than that. This weekend made me think about a lot and the only thing that brought me here was the fact that you was coming with me. I would have sent two other people if I knew that you wasn't coming. You have been a blessing to me and if I was in a relationship with you, I know within my heart that you will be a wonderful mother to my children."

And that brought a lot of joy into my heart. Marcus stood me down that I would never be good enough to have a baby. Michael knew just the right words to say. And with that, the night ended with peace..