Chapter 2 - Bloodline

You walk through the glass doors and notice everyone sat at their desks

You walk through the glass doors and notice everyone sat at their desks. "Morning.. Is it a paperwork day?" You call out.

"Morning sweetness. Looks like it, yeah." Derek replies.

You roll your eyes at his nickname and make your way to your desk, placing your things opposite him. You take off your trench coat, revealing your red v cut blouse and high waisted black slacks. You'd paired the outfit with some black stilettos.

You look up to see Emily return to her desk holding a mug. She whistles towards you cheekily. You blush at her compliment.

Emily's whistle gets Morgan's attention who gazes at you. "Well damn Mama." He says approvingly.

"All for you." You joke, reaching down to log onto your computer. Grabbing your mug, you walk to the kitchenette and begin making a cup of coffee.

As you're making your way back to your desk, you watch as Hotch leaves his office with his go bag in hand, Jordan trailing behind him. Jordan Todd was JJ's stand-in while she was on maternity leave. She seemed nice but was having a hard time. She was basically being watched with a magnifying glass by Hotch.

"Dave." Hotch says, getting all of our attention.

"What's going on?" Rossi asks.

"We got a missing 10-year-old girl, home invasion. Parents were killed in their sleep." Hotch hastily replies.

"Where's our clock?" Rossi asks again.

"8 hours and counting." Hotch replies.

"I'll find Reid and tell him we're on the move." You say, turning to grab your coat and bag.

Hotch looks your way, giving you a quick once over, and replies. "Good, wheels-up in 30."

On the jet everyone sat silently, reviewing the case and making notes. Jordan sighs and makes her way to the table with her laptop.

"We got the uplinks from the crime scene photos. This is Geoff and Nancy Hale. Both their throats were cut." She says, placing the laptop on the table.

"Any evidence of abuse?" Morgan asks.

"Nothing." Todd replies.

"Slitting someone's throat is quick and efficient." Reid informs, getting up from his seat and making his way closer to the group.

"That's because the real target was down the hall." You say, exhaling. Child abduction cases always got to you, just like they seemed to affect everyone else differently.

"She has a name." Todd says, looking at you.

"What?" You say, slightly confused.

"She's not 'the target'. Her name is Cate. She's ten years old." Todd replies. You squint slightly and look at Rossi and Hotch.