The News

Percy's POV 

Me and Annabeth had to take the Grey Sisters Cab home. I had walked into the mess hall with Annabeth alongside. I was listening to Carrie introduce herself. Then I heard someone make fun of her for not saying her last name. Probably Travis Stoll. Then it all happened. "Jackson. Carrie Jackson." She said. I heard lots of gasps and I saw people looking between me and her. I was so surprised. Chiron said to follow him. I obeyed his command, but I wasn't really in the moment. Before I knew it I was in Chiron's office.

Carrie's POV 

I was confused. As soon as I had said my last name, I heard Chiron take a short intake of breath. I don't know what's going on. Chiron told me and Percy to come with him. Did I have an ancestor who did something really good? Or really bad? I was worried. We entered a room to which I suppose was Chiron's office. I  looked over at Percy. He kept glancing at me. He was still pale which worried me. Wow... that's actually pretty funny. A 13 year old worried about a 16 year old. "Please sit down." Chiron said. I sat down and so did Percy. "Carrie... do you know your parents?" Chiron asked. "No." I replied. I suddenly heard Percy mumbling next to me. "It can't be... lots of people have the name Jackson.... Right?...but, her hair looks like hers...and those eyes..." I nudged him. He flinched and looked up. "Wha- oh. Sorry..." He said. "Who do I look like?" I asked him. He opened his eyes wide, "oh. So.. I guess you heard that.." "yep." I replied. "Well your hair kinda looks like my moms. And her last name is Jackson." "And my eyes?" I asked him. He winced. "Well it kinda fuzzy cause I was young, but when I was young, probably about three, a little girl my mom was holding she had eyes just like yours and brown hair too. I remember she suddenly turned into dust. Then my mom started crying. The next day, she was fine. She said it was just a dream. It felt so real though..." He told me. Chiron had been studying us and listening to Percy's story. "Unless one of the gods claims you, we can't say your Percy's sister. Suddenly Percy snapped his fingers. He got up and moved to me. "Can you move your hair please." I did as asked, showing the skin on my neck. I heard an intake of breath. I turned around to see him, he was even paler than before. "What?" I asked him. "You- you have the same birthmark as the girl... that means that we have met before..."