012. immature

"Please behave y'all selves," Normani begged her friends as they all walked into the skating rink, "do not scare Broderick off and don't mention that man's name either

"Please behave y'all selves," Normani begged her friends as they all walked into the skating rink, "do not scare Broderick off and don't mention that man's name either."

It's been going on about three weeks since Normani has talked to Namjoon. He tried getting to her house twice but she wasn't there and told her family to not allow him inside. Of course, her family was a bit worried because it was Namjoon, out of all people. However, they didn't pressure Normani into talking to them about what happened. They just trusted Normani's word and respected her wishes.

Zayn sighed as he held onto Lauren's hand, "Its been like years since we've all hung out."

"Not true," Normani said defensively, "we were at my place last week."

"Yeah but Joon wasn't there."

Normani quirked an eyebrow, "Was he supposed to be there?"

Kehlani and Lauren both shared a disappointed glance but kept it moving. Normani texted Broderick so she could find him and thankfully he texted back quick enough. He was at the table close to the arcade room and Normani quickly sauntered her way over to give him a tight hug.

He smelled so amazing and his hands felt great on her waist. When they released out of their hug, Broderick gave her a light kiss on her lips that hardly lasted a second before he smiled at her friends.

"Aye!"

Lauren smiled back at Broderick, "You must be Broderick? Mani told us a lot about you. I'm Lauren."

Zayn nodded his head, "Zayn."

"And I'm Kehlani but you can call me Lani."

Broderick shook all of their hands, "It's nice meeting all of y'all. Let's go get our skates."

Normani held hands with Broderick as the group got their skates. Once they were all laced up, Lauren decided to ask, "So Broderick, what made you choose Mani?"

Broderick stroked his beard with a little smirk, "She's stunning so of course, the attraction is what initially drew me in. Then, I got to know her to see if she was really who I wanted to be with and I think she's a person that will just make me happy. There ain't a bad bone in my baby's body."

Kehlani nodded in agreement, "She deserves to be treated with respect."

"I plan on treating her with the utmost respect."

Zayn said warningly, "We'll be good if you don't fuck her over. That's all there it is to it."

After that talk, everything went by smoother. Normani skated with Broderick and made sure to involve her friends. She shared a bucket of cheese fries with Kehlani and a Oreo milkshake with Broderick. Everything felt nice and good. She loved that her friends and Broderick were getting along. She just couldn't stop but think about how it would be if another person was there as well.