Chapter Twenty-two

Waking up, the blonde was not expecting to have such a massive headache. Looking around, he finally understood why. At least five whiskey bottles were scattered around the foot of his bed, four cans of beer lazily thrown on the floor, and a few bottles of wine were also laying around his room. 

Sighing, Atsumu got up, groaning at the pain in his head, before getting water. Looking at the time, Atsumu was surprised to see it was only four am. Taking a quick shower to wash off the bar smell, Atsumu thought about everything wrong in his life.

“Right now, I'm in a state of mind~” Atsumu sang softly, playing his sad time playlist. “I wanna be like this all the time~” Laughing quietly, Atsumu continued singing and humming quietly t0 the song.

Once his shower was over, Atsumu got dressed. Wearing a baby pink crop top and some high-waisted faded jeans, the blonde made some pancakes with fruit and eggs. Looking once again at the clock, Atsumu noticed he still had over an hour till practice started.

Getting up, Atsumu washed his dishes before making him some tea. Adding in ginger and honey, the bleached blonde sat in front of the TV, keeping it on low as he rethought his life choices. 

When it was time to leave, Atsumu felt incredibly better than when he woke up. Taking it easy, the blonde made the short trip to the MSBY gym, greeting the others with a small smile before heading to change.

Practice was fairly easy, the blonde only having little difficulty on the court. The team noticed his playing, but waved it off. All but one. Sakusa Kiyoomi was watching Atsumu attentively. The germaphobe never missed to call out the blonde on all his mistakes.

When practice was finally over, and the other members already left, Sakusa trapped Atsumu against the lockers. Terror flashed over Atsumu’s face, before realizing it was only his boyfriend.

“Omi! Don't scare me like that! What do you need?” Atsumu stared into the others eyes quizzically, wondering what the other could want.

“I-” Kiyoomi cleared his throat before continuing, “I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. I- I was just worried. Please forgive me..”

Atsumu stared in awe, Kiyoomi was never one to apologize, so the ravenette saying sorry for something that was clearly Atsumu’s fault had something swelling in his chest. “It's okay Omi-Omi! I forgive you! It was partly my fault too, so don’t worry about it, Love.”

Atsumu pecked his boyfriend's cheek, smiling cheekily. “Let's go home, yeah? We can cuddle and watch movies together.” Grabbing Kiyoomi’s hand, Atsumu led them to Sakusa’s car, giggling and talking all the way to the latters home.