1

You’re (POV)

My father has always told me that there is pure evil in this world, and never go into the basement.

My dad raised me in a small town called Derry, Maine. My mom lived in Vermont, and I only saw her once in a great while. My father lived in an old house, very old, as in haunted old, but Derry has always been a hot spot for ghost stories, so it’s not uncommon to hear shit in your house. My room was on the 1st floor of my house and my dad and sister stayed on the 2nd floor, leaving me all alone. Ever since I was little I’ve always heard laughter from the basement, the laughter was manic and sinister. The basement in my dad’s house always sparked my curiosity.

It was the early summertime when my dad met his girlfriend, she had him wrapped around her finger. I personally got bad vibes from her, she would hit on other men, make my sister work our asses off, and treat my dad like shit.

“(Y/N), get your ass out here and help me with these boxes” I roll my eyes and walk out to Samantha's car “what do you need help with,” I ask fakely “cut the shit (Y/N), and get these boxes in the basement” I grab a box and turn to walk inside. I got to the basement, I go to grab the knob when a ringing started in my ears, my hand hovers over the knob, I heard the laughter again but louder, I feel a push on my back and I look over my shoulder “why aren’t you putting the boxes down there” I look up at her “dad says I can’t go down there” she grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls meer inches from her face, “well your daddy is at work, so get these down there NOW” she growls.

I swallow hard and twist the down knob slowly, it creeks and I turn on the light. I make my way down and set the box in the far corner of the basement. My eyes peer and a small door under the stairs, I walk to it slowly and I hear the laughter again, I press my head to the door. “(Y/N)”. I fall backward on my ass and as a roar of laughter breaks out, “what the fuck” I whisper. I run upstairs and grab the other boxes and put them down with the others.

I finished the task in less than ten minutes and headed up to my room. I sat on my bed for an hour or so, just drawing. I come out when my dad gets back I walk out of my room and sit down at the table for dinner my dad and sister talk as my mind drifts, “(Y/N)” I jolt up at the sinister voice, my dad looks at me with a worried expression “are you a-l-right bud” I smile and nod “I have to go to the bathroom”. I get up and walk to the bathroom, I splash some cold water in my face to calm down.

The weeks go by with no incident, until my 18th birthday, the day was hot so my dad took me and my sister to go swimming. I threw on a black bikini top and black boy shorts, the swim was nice and took my mind off the basement incident. We get back late, and I run to my room to change, every year my dad takes us to dinner. I change into a pastel (F/C) dress and put my (H/C) in a messy bun. I grab some gold gladiator sandals, I put them on while I sat on my bed when I see a red balloon with a note attached on my nightstand that read-

“Hello puppet, I’m Pennywise, and you are (Y/N), happy birthday”

I let go of the note and watch it float to the ceiling, “they all float” something whispers to me. I took a deep breath, and walked out to the door, my dad and sister were already in the car, as  I closed the door I yelled into the house loudly “its helium, it's supposed to float '' I turned away and hopped in the car.