chapter 8

using me now

     while i was reading and taking a sip of my tea, i soon heard my phone ring

     while i was reading and taking a sip of my tea, i soon heard my phone ring. i looked at the id caller and it was felix. i was happy but yet still a bit upset for earlier but i was more happy that he is calling me. i didn't hesitate to pick up my phone and answer. "hello?" i said waiting for a response "hi hyunjinnie hic" i sighed know what was going on just by his slurred words. "felix are you drunk?" i asked "me? drunk? i'm not drunk sillyyyyy" i can hear him hiccup at some of his words "i know you're not home right now so please get a cab home now" he pouted at what i said.

"what's wrong now?"

"i lost my money"

"felix how could you-"

"oh wait i found it in my shoe"

"stop messing around already felix and get to your house"

"why are you being so mean jinnie"

"i'm not, i just want to make sure you're safe"

"well you're being rude"

"if i'm being so rude, go call your boyfriend changbin"

"how did you know me and him were thing-"

"i was just joking"

"oh"

"since you guys are dating that makes it another reason why to call him"

"no. i can't"

"and why is that?"

"because he will get mad at me for drinking"

"ok, and?"

"i don't like making him mad"

"oh so you're using me so he doesn't get mad at you? that's kinda hurtful"

"no no it's not like that"

"i don't know if i could believe you on that lix. you've been avoiding my messages and everything. by now i wouldn't be surprised if you just are using me"

"......"

"you have nothing to say back, guess i'm right. i'm going to hang up now"

"wait please don't"

"why shouldn't i?"

"because you'll be leaving me alone by myself"

"get a cab and get home"

"yeah but i want to be on the phone with someone, i could get kidnapped you know"

"fine just get a cabb right now, i'll stay on the phone with you"

"alright jinnie!"

"i got a cab jinnie"

"alright good now just don't do anything stupid"

"jinnie"

"yes lix?"

"i feel sick"

"how much did you drink?"

"a lot"

"roll down the window"

"a-al-alright"

"JINNIE!"

"what lix?"

"I THREW UP AND NOW I'M GETTING KICKED OUT OF THE CAB"

"OF COURSE YOU ARE, YOU THREW UP IN HIS CAB NOT OUTSIDE THE WINDOW"

"im sorry jinnie"

"felix"

"yeah?"

"where are you?"

"in front of my house"

".....are you dumb?"

"what?"

"he kicked you out of the cab because you arrived at your destination"

"oh"

"no get inside your house and lock the door"

"alrighty!"

...........

"jinnie can you come over"

"w-wh-what"

"can you come over please"

"i'm in korea lix"

"so? just come over here"

"you know that will take hours to get there"

"hours? i thought it would only be a couple of minutes"

"you're the most dumbest drunk i've ever met"

"rude"

"well since you're home now, can i hang up?" 

"NO!"

"why not?"

"i don't want you to go"

"it wouldn't matter if i left, it's not like you really care about me right now. all you do is ignore me and everything so there isn't a point in even trying to talk to you because you'll just forget about this and go back to never talking to me"

"what do you mean jinnie? i care about you"

"you don't"

"i do"

"then why, why do you act like you hate me when you're sober?" 

"im sorry jinnie"

"sorry?"

"i'm really sorry jinnie"

"lix are you-"

"please forgive me jinnie"

"are you crying?"

"lix, don't cry it's alright. just get some rest at least or something"

"fine but can you sing to me and fall asleep on call with me?"

"sure"

hyunjin started to sing to felix and he soon fell asleep to hyunjin's voice. hyunjin himself started to get tired later on and fell asleep on the call with felix. "jinnie i'm sorry for everything i really am. i was actually sober for the night, pretending to be drunk so i could find a reason to talk to you...goodnight jinnie" felix said knowing hyunjin was fully asleep and he then he himself fell asleep fully after that.