chapter 2

POV- y/n.

"Are you two planning a gamble?" The first girl said while continuing to stride towards us, her long, black hair fanning out behind her, and her eyes set with a look of slightly crazed determination.

The other girl trailed behind her with less enthusiasm, her blonde hair tied in high bunches, her brown eyes looking very bored, and her face showing great amounts of exasperation.

"Yumeko, really? We were gambling just five minutes ago, give it a rest!"  The second girl said quietly, partly muttering to herself, whilst sighing.

"That's right, Runa and I are planning to gamble, you're welcome to join if you wish. I'm y/n l/n, by the way" I said while smiling at the first girls eager friendliness and the seconds annoyed face, though I did notice the first girls eyes widen slightly when she heard my name. I also noticed Runa acting strangely, as soon as she heard the second girl mutter the firsts name- almost like she was a celebrity. Suddenly her eyes opened wide and some form of realisation dawned on her while she took out her lollipop.

"Wait, Yumeko as in Yumeko Jabami? I knew the name was familiar, you're the girl who is going around and beating everyone you play, including members of my council! I'm Runa Yomozuki, it's great to finally meet you. And you must be Mary, Yumeko's first opponent, right?"

The blonde girl nodded slowly, still looking faintly annoyed at Yumeko and at being known through her, but starting to smile at Runa.

"Yes that's right, I have been very lucky in my games so far. In fact I've actually been looking for y/n for quite a while now; so It's very lucky we found you here! I would love to join your gamble, what do you two have in mind?" Yumeko asked smiling.

Wondering why she would be looking for me, I opened my mouth to ask, only to be cut off by a very excited Runa who was telling us the gamble she had in mind.

-

(347 words)